Sunrise and Right Stuf team up to release Gundam series

Discussion in 'News' started by Gemsy-chan, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Nebiroth

Nebiroth Registered

DVD might be inferior, but it's not a dead format. IIRC it's still outselling BluRay. That is one factor (the others being, the expense of mastering in HS and the fact that frankly, for some sourc ematerial, it's just not worthwhile) is why we still get plenty of releases on DVD but not BluRay.

Sorry, I just find it bizarre that anyone would rather not see something at all than see it on an "inferior" format.

DVD isn't that awful, and given the choice between seeing Turn A or ZZ on DVD and never seeing it...well...

I've still got stuff on VHS. Because it was never released at all on a later format.

To each their own. It just strikes me as being weird.

2. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

This is no longer the case for many anime releases - although it depends on the title, notable recent releases like Bakemonogatari, Attack on Titan and Toradora have all seen their Blu-ray SKUs easily outsell their DVD counterparts.

Probably the bigger question for this thread is - will Gundam really sell well enough, particularly for the UK market?

3. Overlord Ramirez

Overlord Ramirez Edajima Heihachi's Pupil

from what I know from interviews from Bandai in the US is that Gundam always sold what they expected it do and never did poorly or outstanding, I can't say 100% that this was the case in UK as well, but seeing as we have had a bit of a drought in the UK for decent mecha shows over the last few years, I somewhat optimistic that classics like Turn A and ZZ and V will do well.