Sekai Project launch Grisaia Trilogy visual novel Kickstarter campaign

Discussion in 'News' started by Hanners, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

2. CrimsonScholar

CrimsonScholar Uka-no-Mitama-no-kami

The anime is pretty ok so ill probably end up backing its source material to see what its like.

80+ of content is always a good thing.

3. MrLaserSharkKH

MrLaserSharkKH Don't take me home...

...I know which route I'd choose! :D

I'm slightly interested in this, but I would be even more interested if they can somehow get the VITA version out!

#3 MrLaserSharkKH, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  4. Shiroi Hane

Shiroi Hane Baka Ranger

This is an all-ages version, but I gather the will be doing the R-18 version separately and hope to make discounts available to kickstarter backers.

5. CrimsonScholar

CrimsonScholar Uka-no-Mitama-no-kami

Really, :(

I might just back 5 quid so that i can keep an eye on it and wait to see if an update is released later.

Seems the 18 rating is make or break for a lot of backers right now.

6. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

I've backed it, not really happy with the whole censorship though

As long as its not as bad as If my heart had wings

7. Shiroi Hane

Shiroi Hane Baka Ranger

It's come point blank from the licensor that they have to do the two versions separately.

8. TiggsPanther

TiggsPanther Registered

I'm gonna hold off to find out exactly how they'll accommodate people who want the 18+ version. They've clearly hit their goals and are likely to get the ports, so I'll be able to pick up the Mac version anyway at some point.
    But as censorship is something I dislike both in principle and because I've seen too many instances of it negatively interfering with a story's narrative, I have no interest in backing that particular version. And if I can't specify a preferred version as a pledge reward, I might as well just wait for the release at this point.

9. Shadow Cat

10. Shiroi Hane

Shiroi Hane Baka Ranger

I thought from the beginning it was odd they were doing the All Ages version yet also including dakimakura they couldn't display on the site without censor bars.

11. Shadow Cat

At this point, the best they could do is offer only All Ages Dakimakura what should make KS happy, or successfully appeal against KS

Lets hope this isnt Censorship wins again

12. TiggsPanther

TiggsPanther Registered

Although I think the decision is out of their hands, the lack of upfront information regarding the 18+ version isn't doing them any favours when it comes to asking people to put money down on something.
    For a close analogy, look at what happens here when a Blu-ray release (or a release at all) of a title isn't announced until after an importable version is available.

Now, they have made their funding target. And early enough that I can't imagine people pulling out at the last minute would make enough of a dent in the total to make them miss their funding targets. But that uncertainty on how long afterwards the 18+ version would come out, how it would be released, if SP are able to ovver a coplete or heavy discount towards the "complete" version... these are all questions that a chunk of the fanbase has. And for some, especially those who can't commit the funds to the all-ages verison if they have to double-dip to get the 18+ one, it's a dealmaker/dealbreaker that won't be announced until near the end of the campaign... where people have been asking for the details from before it even started.

People just (understandably) want to know if they money they're committing is actually going toward them getting the actual version of the project they want. And having to wait up to an extra month for any sort of confirmation... it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth at least.

13. Shadow Cat

Well that took a nasty hit last night pushing the total from 280k to 200k due to Kickstarter pulling the tiers that offered 18+ content

Yup, still think its unfair to the higher tier lots but what can ya do?

There is mention of Sekai using a different site to raise funds after the hassel this has caused. Mixed feelings about this as Kickstarter has a huge userbase compaired to other sites so its likely going to effect what they can raise

14. TiggsPanther

TiggsPanther Registered

Well, Kickstarter will clearly be advantageous for other purely all-ages projects, such as Clannad. This might've left a bad taste in some people's mouths for more games with a potentially wider reach, KS is still probably be the best option.

However, for titles linked to 18+ content (even if the campaign is ostensibly for an all-ages version) going for a platform with a better stance towards adult-oriented material will be necessary. I don't think the idea of rewards that can be revoked or being completely unable to easily address 18+ versions is in anyone's best interest.

I also think that part of what isn't sitting right with people is that the focus on the all-ages version almost makes this opposite to some Kickstarters. Where usually you would be aiming to release a definitive version that could also fund a general version down the line, this is almost the direct opposite of it. And it just seems backwards compared to how some campaigns are handled.

15. Shiroi Hane

Shiroi Hane Baka Ranger

Someone on another forum linked to another project that gave explicit dakimakura - and their's weren't even censored on the KS site!

16. Shadow Cat

Sorry about bumping an old thread

But it has been confirmed Denpasoft (The adult side of Sekai Project) will be releasing the Adult version of the Grisaia trilogy along with the dakimakura pillows at some point in the future

Not really new news as it was pretty obvious they were going to stock it, buts always good to see a confirmation and the dakimakura pillows not being forgotten forever ;)

17. Morgs

Morgs Registered

Interesting to see how Sekai will handle the 18+ side of things for kick-starter pledges. Some how I don't think it'll be just a free patch. Maybe a discount code for denpasoft. Someone will make a patch anyways, like they did for If My Heart Had Wings.

18. TiggsPanther

TiggsPanther Registered

Right now, that's the biggest question that's confusing people at both ends of the pledging spectrum. Right now, all we know is that Sekai project are working out how to offer some sort of discount depending on pledge level.

Some people are enquiring as how to pledge just for the collectables and buying directly from Denpasoft. so the higher level pledgers are worried about this.
    Others (like myself) who are only pledging to show support and just want the games are concerned about that "depending on pledge level" bit. As if you're only pledging for the game, does that lower pledge mean only a slight discount and effectively buying twice?

Also, as to patching, allegedly this won't be doable. I take that to mean that official versions through Steam won't be officially patchable. But chances are a fan patch will still be done at some point.

19. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Well, judging from what I nicked last night, if Neko Para Vol 1 is anything to go by, the Steam version can be patched, but they do recommend playing the VN through, doing the save points, then patching and killing off cloud saves. Managed to get mine running to 18+ last night via a patch, so its definitely possible. The creator of the NPV1 patch said that he was going to try for the Grisaia trilogy if there was funding to purchase both copies of the game.

20. Morgs

Morgs Registered

The steam issues don't effect me as I don't have it. I backed the Physical edition for the 3 games, so i cant see a patch being a problem. Just weather it's an official patch which we'l be charged for or not......