Scotland Love Anime 2015 - Edinburgh film line-up announced

Discussion in 'News' started by Hanners, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

2. rjessop

rjessop Registered

Pretty lacklustre lineup I think. Reviews of the AoT and Naruto movies I've read aren't positive.

3. megalomaniac

I see what Rob's saying, it's all a rather samey and very Shonen heavy. Still looking forward to it though,

4. Hanners

I'm not sure what else people would have wanted to see there, really - When Marnie Was There and The Boy and the Beast are doubtless under lock and key with STUDIOCANAL, and I can't think of much else beyond the Psycho-Pass movie that would have been a good addition to the line-up.

5. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

People can WANT to see lots of things which have no bearing on the feasibility of them actually being allowed to be shown. Psychopass would have been great and even if studio canal has Marnie and bwtb locked up it would only have helped their release to allow them to be in the festival.

It's not too bad a line up overall but I definatley won't be seeing naruto, dragonball or the attack on titan compilation. Suppose it's too much to hope that those are the films that get played midweek.

6. andrew_animeltd

andrew_animeltd Registered

Psycho-Pass made the Edinburgh line-up so fear not there (playing on the Sunday). During the Edinburgh week we'll be screening:

12/10 - “Attack on Titan: Crimson, Bow & Arrow"
    13/10 - “Madoka Magica: Rebellion"
    14/10 - “Attack on Titan: Wings of Freedom"
    15/10 - “The Last" - "Boruto the Movie" (or early on the 16th for Boruto)

So most of it barring DBZ which there's a usual demand for - is airing in the week so the weekend will be packed with some cool stuff (we've one last surprise that I can't wait to tell people).

With regards to line-up, honestly we've excelled ourselves this year. Barring two films in particular (MARNIE & BOY & THE BEAST) we've basically put every new film from the last 12 months in - including one that comes out only 7-9 days before in Japan (Empire of Corpses)!

I don't think I could actually have crammed this year any heavier than I did in the end and we're not done yet with some of the cool surprises xD.

There's one or two classics I'd loved to have slotted in - but we literally had no available slots left and there was a tonne of contemporary work worth showcasing :). Open to any suggestions though :D.

Andrew,
    Festival Director as well as President of Anime Ltd

PS Folks - Psycho-Pass is on during the Edinburgh weekend ;).

7. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

That's great to hear Andrew!

8. Hanners

I heartily recommend that anyone and everyone sees the Psycho-Pass movie, it's absolutely tremendous.

9. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

Now all we have to worry about is Andy and Eliot starting a barney over 'best girl' during the School Live movie (even though we already know that its Maki *runs*)

10. Martin

Martin guitaku
    Staff Member

I'd actually really like to see quite a lot of these, had I been able to go. I'd definitely be up for Empire of Corpses (Yay! Project Itoh!), Miss Hokusai (for the interesting historical angle), and Alice and Hana (to see how Shunji Iwai makes the transition from live-action to animation). I got a bit put off by what I saw of Arise, so the new GitS movie doesn't excite me in the way it perhaps should.

Oh, and I'd absolutely watch the Rebellion movie on the big screen. I don't care about the fact that I've seen it before: that film looks bloody GORGEOUS.

11. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

Its AMAZING on the big screen. I'd happily see it again but I won't be up that early in the week.

12. rjessop

rjessop Registered

It's looking a lot better with the addition of Psycho-Pass and putting the shounen movies (well, most of them) in the week :)

Reckon I'll skip DBZ this year as I'll have been dragged to it already at one of my locals!

13. Hanners

I'll be watching Resurrection F next month and again in Glasgow, so I'll probably join you in taking a breather from the hectic film schedule for that one too. :)

14. gcar

gcar Registered

Its just wrong how excited I am about getting to see the Love Live film. I think that game has warped my mind ever so slightly!

15. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

Huzzah! Welcome frineds!

16. megalomaniac

Looks like I'll have to get it watched elsewhere too then, wouldn't want to miss out on what the cool kids are up to ;)

17. andrew_animeltd

andrew_animeltd Registered

Clearly you should all come have a drink with me as I'll be kicking around in the bar on accounts of watching the film before too ;)!

Andrew

18. Hanners

Sounds like a deal to me! ;)

19. LiamEyers

LiamEyers Registered

Hey Andrew - forgive the slight threadjack, but there's often quite a lot of crossover between what gets shown at SLA, and what goes on to be shown later at Leeds Fanomenon Anime Day and a few other film festivals around the UK. Do you (or anyone else involved in SLA) have any involvement in getting the films for other festivals or is it just that if the films are available for SLA they are more likely to be available at other events too?