MVM Entertainment confirm UK release of A Lull in the Sea

Discussion in 'News' started by Hanners, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Claw

Claw Registered

3.70 an episode is expensive for BD??? You might just be asking for too much there.

I mean compare that to another series from MVM any Koimonogatari lets say which is RRP 24.99* for six episodes; 4.17 a pop. And thats a standard BD release. If the Lull set is around 100 then its very good value compared to the rest of the equivalent market.

*Im aware you can get them for less than that, but were talking RRP vs RRP here.

2. Durial666

Durial666 OMGWTFBBQ!?

So? To me it's not value and to you it is. There is no need to try and justify your reasons because, you'll like this, we all have different opinions. I'm likely to buy it anyways but you cannot begrudge me for complaining that to me it isn't really what I would call value.

3. megalomaniac

I'd have to agree with that value statement on 3.70 an episode, it's expensive. Even the notoriously expensive iTunes only charges 2.49 an episode for HD (much less in boxset form).

However, there are the extras (e.g. soundtrack CDs) to take into account which will have quite an impact on that per episode cost. There's also retailer discounting to consider.

Also, anyone who pays more than 14.99 for any of the monogatari sets is doing the whole shopping thing wrong. ;)

4. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

97 isn't bad considering the cost of some Manga UK titles:

Lull in the sea: 0.2072 a min (Limited Edition, run time 18 mins an episode)
    Sword art online: 0.2066 a min (Standard Edition, Run time 18 mins an episode)

5. Claw

Claw Registered

Obviously it's subjective whether that much money can ever be considered value, but it's clearly comparable to other BD releases in the UK if that's going to be it's price, and whether that's fair pricing or not is a much wider subject.

On that subject, I'm not sure the cost difference between physical and digital ownership is justifiable anymore. We already know that BD costs are collapsing even for limited run items like this. But still... compared to the current BD market - regardless of what you think of that or this particular series in terms of value - it's good value if it stays under a 100.

6. Claw

Claw Registered

As only the RRP price is available to see at the moment, it would be unfair to compare apples and oranges. But I agree, 15-quid is way more reasonable for 6 eps!