Kaze license Nisekoi: False Love anime for UK release

Discussion in 'News' started by Hanners, Feb 8, 2015.

1. S.D. Hester

S.D. Hester Registered

Just out of interest, is it the same story with the UK Devil Is A Part Timer DVD / BR as well ?

2. Durial666

Durial666 OMGWTFBBQ!?

Ooo Farscape reference, don't see many of those that often.

3. S.D. Hester

S.D. Hester Registered

That was a Farscape reference ?, didn't even realise it.

I've only watched about 2 Episodes of Farscape ever.

4. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

Yep, no plans for any kind of fixes for that release either (although its issues certainly aren't in Bakuman territory!)

5. Phantom Miria

Phantom Miria Registered

Yay! Nisekoi release!

Being a newbie to distributors, what is wrong with Kaze? Do they sub the anime badly? (if they do subs), or the package is of low quality?

Curious to learn about which ones to avoid in future (also heard that Manga's going downhill, can anyone explain that one as well?)

6. demon

demon Registered

Ghost in the Shell: Arise is more closer to bakuman territory in terms of the subtitles as manga decided to do their own translation instead of using the existing subtitles from funimation.

It's just missing subtitles, subtitle errors and cramming as many episodes onto a single disc as possible (they did this once before by cramming a whole 12 or 13 episode series onto a single blu-ray disc including the dub which would impact on video quality) probably in an exercise to save money on putting them on two discs.

Mangas downturn is more down to poor quality subtitling (because for some unknown reason even on blu-ray, they can only have two lines of subtitles on screen at one time meaning that some lines might be mistimed or just flash up for a second) and the fact that they've started doing their own encodes instead of using already available masters (it's a good thing that I decided to stick with the funi release of the devil is a part timer after I heard about the mammoth issues with the manga release) as well as them going back to their backstabbing ways in regards to BD releases.

7. megalomaniac

and a general inability to author discs properly, so even basic functionality like being able to resume playing where you left off doesn't work. Then there's the constant delays, the random French on menus, discs, packaging, the typos, the...etc. Oh and the general lack of giving a shit about the UK market.

and their total inability to set meaningful chapter markers. An unforgivable sin for long series in particular.

8. TiggsPanther

TiggsPanther Registered

To be fair to Kaze(...), at least in terms of Blu-rays, this is something that even major movie releases still have the occasional tendency to screw up on.

Not that it excuses Kaze, but they're no more guilty than distributors who really ought to know better.
    Also, granted, this is more of a damning indictment towards lazy authoring in general than being in support of Kaze. :p

9. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

I have no issue with paying 79 for a release

I have an issue with paying 79 for something of equal physical-edition quality to Manga UK's Girl Who Leapt through Time/Summerwars double pack

Give me an Aniplex of America release in Anime Limited packaging and you have my money

Or just give me an Anime Limited set....