Kaze license Nisekoi: False Love anime for UK release

Discussion in 'News' started by Hanners, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

#1 Hanners, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  2. CrimsonScholar

CrimsonScholar Uka-no-Mitama-no-kami

All i'm going to say is if it doesn't get a BD release as much as it pains me i'm going to have to import the Aniplex release'.

3. Morgs

Morgs Registered

Think I'l stick to Aniplex's Releases. At least you're almost always guaranteed a well encoded show.

4. skippy

skippy Registered

Are we sure this is a Manga title and not a Kaze?

5. Hanners

Nope, we have no insight into that, unfortunately - I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it's a Kaze title all things considered, but nobody has made the news clear either way that I've seen.

6. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

but the price tag and the terrible quality, nearly paper thin artbox packaging makes AoA a total waste of money. The only time the words "Aniplex" and "Purchase" should be in the same sentance is when its an Aniplex of Japan import.

AoJ Madoka Movies 1+2 thick artbox. Lovely design, high quality release, almost worth the money

AoA Madoka Movies 1+2 thin creased artbox, standard cases, nowhere near the $100 asking price

#6 Shadow Cat, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  7. Hanners

If it's the only way to get the actual series in an acceptable format, free from errors and in full HD, then I wouldn't say it's a waste of any money any more. It's ironic that its the poor quality of other distributor's releases that is actually making Aniplex's model more attractive in this case!

Anyhow, for my part I shall wait and see how this UK release shapes up, and make my purchasing decision accordingly - I'm willing to give Manga Entertainment another chance to reverse my declining opinion of them given the other options available.

8. Hanners

News story is now updated with release formats and strategy information.

I'm about to try and get 100% clarification, but it does look like this is a Manga Entertainment rather than a Kaze release.

9. Just Passing Through

The update says the opposite...

10. Hanners

Yes, because I've just received clarification!

It is in fact a Kaze title, so I've updated the entire story. Again.

11. skippy

skippy Registered

So of the 3 titles Manga have announced so far for Q2 none of them are Manga titles? Hmm seems they be up a certain stream, without a utensil.

12. Hanners

I know Manga Entertainment do have some licenses of their own lined up, so I imagine we'll start hearing about a few of them sooner rather than later.

13. megalomaniac

A somewhat mixed piece of news, on one hand: Yay Blu-ray, on the other hand: Kaze - It will be broken and it'll probably be delayed too.

14. Hanners

I will say that a Kaze's overall percentage of working to broken releases isn't as bad as Manga Entertainment's recent record - taking Bakuman out of the equation (and someone effectively got fired for that, incidentally!) most of their stuff has been solid or only beset by relatively minor problems.

In this particular case, I'd like to think they'll simply have access to and use Aniplex USA's Region A/B masters, which should make it (almost) impossible for them to screw up.

15. Marshall2000_uk

Marshall2000_uk Registered

One can only hope. It's not something I'll be buying but I'm keeping a keen eye on the quality of this release.

16. CrimsonScholar

CrimsonScholar Uka-no-Mitama-no-kami

Kaze releases are always followed up with disappointment, this is another one of their many opportunities to break the cycle.

Don't screw up again, I expect a delay or 2 (not really fussed about these) just don't screw up on quality control and your golden.

17. Mormegil

Mormegil 12professions 13accidents

is it me, or are our standards taking quite a blow? :)

18. Morgs

Morgs Registered

While I do share your views on the quality of the boxes and prices, my main interest is I n the quality of the actual show. I just do not wish to support companies that think it's fine to shovel out shows with multiple issues. You couldn't get away with it with other non anime shows, why should we see it as the norm with anime? I'm not oblivious to the fact that anime is a niche industry but I do think there has to be some sort general standard these companies must meet and the only when with any real impact is to not buy their releases.

19. S.D. Hester

S.D. Hester Registered

Did they ever actually do anything with the UK Bakuman Set in the way of replacement or are all the Copies equally frelled up ?

20. Hanners

Nope, all copies have terrible subtitles and it was never fixed.