Jerome Mazandarani leaves Manga Entertainment, sets up Animatsu

Discussion in 'News' started by Hanners, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Shiroi Hane

Shiroi Hane Baka Ranger

Do you have 1.11 and 2.22? ^^;

2. Necro

Necro Grim User

Yes? :p

3. rjessop

rjessop Registered

I bet they misprint it as 3.34 just to troll us :)

Best of luck to Jerome and Andrew!

4. Acteon

Acteon Behind you...

I'm glad it's out in the open now, hopefully we'll start to get some juicy details quickly. Smart move to back up the company with a consultancy arm, Jerome is a superb public speaker and I think they'll do well in that regard.

5. Martin

Martin guitaku
    Staff Member

I'm not fearful for ME's future since it has some solid franchises that'll keep the office lights on for years, and they still have some really dedicated people who know how important it is to communicate with their customers and mingle with the fans.

Anything that keeps the people of our troubled little industry in work, and helps the community to grow, can only be a good thing. I honestly wish Jerome and Andrew all the best and I hope Animatsu is successful.

If they make a concerted effort with networking amongst their mainland Europe counterparts, I'll be VERY interested to see what results from that.

6. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

As long as he lets Andrew do the dealing with the Fans, I am quite excited to see where this venture goes.

7. TiggsPanther

TiggsPanther Registered

I always find Jerome very well spoken at the events I've seen him. He also seems very approachable at these events, although in fairness I have to say that the same can be said of the other company reps that attend.

His delivery can seem very down-to-Earth at times, but personally this is a part of why I fin his input and comments valuable. Just the right blend of facts and attitude to show that companies are made up of real people, not just script readers. (Fitbit, I am looking at you...)

Indeed. And, as anime and manga and the like are fairly niche, small additions to the "industry family" tend to be a good thing for the whole.

As mentioned above, I personally have no problem with Jerome's fan interactions. I admit I am probably fairly unique in this respect, but I tend to appreciate bluntness over hyper-professional polish.
    It isn't common enough, in my opinion, for anyone in any industry these days to even approach "say it how they see it". And I tend to appreciate it when I encounter it.

8. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

Jerome's "tell it like it is" approach was always welcome, but his tendency to be too abrasive on social media at times did damage both his own and the company's reputation.

Regardless of which, I still think the new company will need some kind of PR or community management, as there's only so much time you can dedicate to communication with fans when you're trying to run a company at the same time.

9. Acteon

Acteon Behind you...

To be fair I can totally see how some fans can just cross the line and wind up company reps (I've had to hold myself back on MVM's twitter/Facebook account at times, despite some epic douchebaggery on the part of "fans"). There have only been 3 occasions in my life where I've unloaded on customers who went too far, but that's a luxury you have when you own the company, but not something that should be indulged in regularly. When I'm working on behalf of other people I have to tow the line.

Be interesting to see how Jerome jumps now that he's the boss!