DOAX 3 too sexy for EU!

Discussion in 'News' started by Jamtea, Nov 26, 2015.

1. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

I do have to admit I am starting to feel that the game is becoming a bit of a martyr for the anti-censorship cause perhaps unfairly so. Ultimately I remain fully against censorship in games appart from where it removes material which is illegal in a given country where it is being released but in the end its not something which will cause issues with this game for most given the PlayStation's region-free nature and the fact that the game itself isn't one which has a great deal of text/dialouge that will cause issues with playing the game which I'll likely grab in Japan next year.

2. Jamtea

Jamtea Bee cool

This might be a compelling argument, if it weren't for the fact that the sales for the first game were a combined 74.4% from the US and EU regions, the second game were a combined 67.7% and even DOA: Paradise on the PSP had the same amount of sales in these regions as Japan (where the PSP popularity was far lower than Japan).

It's safe to say that DOAX 3 would easily sell the same numbers or more than the Japanese region based on the historical sales and the popularity of the franchise.

Also, some of us genuinely don't like this series just for the boobs aspect. It's a fanservice game for sure, but it's actually a really fun game and great for a laugh with friends. :)

3. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

Break down those percentages into actual numbers though and the entire series of games has sold pretty atrociously, especially when you take into account the size of the US and European markets.

When you're only selling 30,000 copies of a game to a potential customer base of millions, why would you even put the money into an official localised release that you aren't even likely to break even on (especially when you start to consider that old favourite problem of reverse imports)? The games have reviewed badly and sold badly, and that's likely the real story here above and beyond how a social media manager on Facebook might want to spin things to deflect criticism elsewhere.

4. Necro

Necro Grim User

Dunno about you guys but this isn't a game I'd be showing my mates :p

5. Hououin_Jouma

Hououin_Jouma Kyouki no MAD SCIENTIST

Haha, this is a game I literally would not play without the company of my best mate, brother or girlfriend! It, like DOA5, will be a game best enjoyed with booze, takeaway and passing the controller around. Although I'm a bit perturbed that their best girls got in (Marie Rose, mainly) and mine (Mila) didn't!

6. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

Beyond the fact that Koei Tecmo have now distanced themselves entirely from the original social media comments that sparked this entire thing, The Guardian have written an excellent and surprisingly well-balanced piece on the whole imbroglio that is worthy of reading and consideration.

7. rjessop

rjessop Registered

Is it surprising? I've always found Keith to be fair and the Guardian's games coverage to be among the best (even when they're lambasting stuff I've worked on - goddamn hippies).