Favourite film of 2019

Acteon

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.animeindependent.net
Given the number of hits to misses last year, it might be hard to find a favourite film. For me it was just getting to see Alita in live action, with all the lovely attention to detail. A close second was Godzilla Kind of Monsters on Imax, it was just so brilliantly put together it pretty much just washes over you.

Favourite cinema moment: Watching King Ghidorah's 3 heads snake back ready to blast Milly Bobby Brown. F-ing terrifying!

Tweek

Reaction score
I haven't watched too many 2019 films as I usually wait for the DVD to turn up in a charity shop. However I bought Alita new and watched it last night... I really enjoyed it and hope sequels are made.

Weirdo

Catgirl Correspondent
Reaction score
Tough one tbh.

Really enjoyed Knives Out. Saw that at the cinema. Utterly fabulous and probably gets a vote from me.

Scoundrelbenx

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m always a star wars fan so I’m a touch biased and prob give it more live than it’s due. I’d prob go with rocket man. Great story and music

greys

Reaction score
These are my favorite films of 2019 10. Booksmart 9. Midsommar 8. The Irishman 7. Jojo Rabbit 6. Joker 5. Toy Story 4 4. Once upon a time in Hollywood 3. Marriage story 2. Us 1. Avengers Endgame Hm: Knives out, uncut gems, El Camino a breaking bad movie, the lighthouse, parasite, doctor sleep.

Reactions: Acteon

Scoundrelbenx

Staff member
Reaction score
Where were the great movies of 2020??? Apparently bad boys for life did the best.

Acteon

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.animeindependent.net
I think Sonic the Hedgehog was the last big cinema draw of 2020. You know, back when we had cinemas. What a note to end on!

I did enjoy Jim Carrey, even if he was just playing his usual schtick in a new outfit, it was fun to watch.

Scoundrelbenx

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, it was surprisingly watchable. Certainly better than the mario bros movie

Acteon

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.animeindependent.net
I'm glad they redesigned Sonic - looking forward to seeing Tails and Knuckles in the sequel. I'm honestly amazed it took them so long to go live-action with it.

samajo

Reaction score
The Old Guard on Netflix for me. Quite enjoyable, particularly as the pub they used at the end used to be almost my local.