|
|
|
|
|
|
|
UK Anime Network
Main Site Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   UK Anime Forums > General > General Chat

General Chat Discuss non-anime related everyday items...

Old 05-07-2017, 06:51 AM   #2341
-Danielle-
Whore dollas all over the place...

Necro, thanks for that photo. I missed your face! Nice to see you back on Social Media again too. No deletion of me unlike some.

How is everyone doing?

I'm not doing well at all. Work is shit and i'm depressed every day cept Friday night, all saturday and Sunday morn. Looking for new jobs but slowly. Out of work life, i have no friends and am extremely lonely. The only time i see people atm is when i go down south as no one up north gives a shit. So yeah i cant escape my depression atm as its in both aspects of my life. Im just glad more hasnt followed suit and removed me for no reason as online is the only place i have people to talk with and how i get to see them and what they're up to.
-Danielle- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:31 AM   #2342
Weirdo
UKA Catgirl Correspondant

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Danielle- View Post
Necro, thanks for that photo. I missed your face! Nice to see you back on Social Media again too. No deletion of me unlike some.

How is everyone doing?

I'm not doing well at all. Work is shit and i'm depressed every day cept Friday night, all saturday and Sunday morn. Looking for new jobs but slowly. Out of work life, i have no friends and am extremely lonely. The only time i see people atm is when i go down south as no one up north gives a shit. So yeah i cant escape my depression atm as its in both aspects of my life. Im just glad more hasnt followed suit and removed me for no reason as online is the only place i have people to talk with and how i get to see them and what they're up to.
Not sure I can advise on how to treat depression, being a clinical sufferer myself, all I can suggest is methods to mitigate.

Firstly, get yourself to a doctor. They should be able to assist and assess to see if medication might work to ease your symptoms and help you cope in the medium / long term. I am on Sertaline, an SSRI, and after last May allowed me to cope with it and not focus on the negativity too much and try to ease out of it.

Secondly, sounds like there are situational things there. I know you like doing your exercise, have you thought of maybe doing public classes, maybe at the pure gym under your office?

Lonliness is shite. Its something a lot of us battle with constantly (myself included). Not a lot I can suggest, but I have tried going to meetups on www.meetup.com and try and meet new people. Didn't work for me, but might work for you to find new friends?

If you do want someone to chat to, happy to listen and talk anytime. Give me a bell on FB messenger or something. Might ease the symptoms a bit.

Definitely talk to a GP though.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:58 AM   #2343
Necro
Grim User

Exact same reason for my issues with it. Struggled with friends and had trust issues for about 10 years now. I sacked off my JET/TEFL plans because of it.

As far as "treating" goes, it's entirely different per person. Seb mentioned meds helped him somewhat, so always worth a go. They do suck and for a few weeks you'll hate life before you'll notice any improvement once the levels stabilise, and if you miss a day/stop taking them you feel just as bad, if not worse. Maybe it varies, but for me it was unpleasant.

My experience was pretty bad. I took fluoxetine (generic prozac) for 6 months and it didn't really help much. It gave me a constant twitchy eyebrow as a side effect until I stopped taking them, a combination of tiredness and insomnia, and didn't really help my mood swings. Plus if I drank (not really recommended but w/e) it made everything worse. So I stopped taking them after Uni.

I'm too apprehensive about meeting up with strangers to do so (I don't have social anxiety, but something stops me from taking the plunge). I have about 5~ friends I see fairly regularly so that helps but honestly I want something more than "hey lets go pub and drink". We started playing D&D which is a nice change, but one of them moves to Japan shortly so that may end.

I hate to be the negative one (as is tradition) but just giving my opinion. I definitely recommend going to the GP (I want to go back, need to get my shit in order) and maybe some cognitive behaviour therapy, which I regret turning down. Just don't rely on the anti-depressants because on their own they're pointless. Needs a positive mindset.

I'm free most evenings/weekends to talk/do stuff, so same as Seb I'm available if you want. Usually just on discord/steam playing CSGO.

Hope this helps somewhat!

1998 - 2013
Necro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:51 PM   #2344
Puru
AKA Gabyblue

Last Monday had my carpal tunnel release op on my left hand, was bit painful this time as anesthetic didn't want to work (last year had right hand done and didn't feel a thing) and tomorrow is first check of wound, at least I'm glad it's done ^_^
And sorry to hear you guys are having a bad time at the moment

"... What does not kill you makes you stronger...."
"Puru puru puru puru puru!!"
Puru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:08 PM   #2345
latro
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Danielle- View Post

How is everyone doing?

Some of us up north care! Come east and see us. Or I'll prob be at mcm this month.

Depression is never good but def try and see someone or at least try and engage more over social media maybe? We'll all keep you company!
Old 12-07-2017, 06:15 AM   #2346
Shadow Cat
The resident Yuri Fan

I'm not sure if facebooks full of Trolls, kids or idiots... Well its all 3 tbh

- Don't watch :Anime name: because its s**t
~ How many episodes did you try
- None because its s**t
Thanks...

------

- Oh I don't like (insert thing about an Anime) its over used/poorly executed
/6 Months later
- I've decided to give :anime name: a go, I think (insert thing about an anime) is pretty awesome and the best example of it in anime
~ Didn't you say 6 months ago you didn't like it
- I was going by Screenshots and what people were saying

<Blocked person on facebook>

Yui Sempai

~ My Anime List ~~ Random Anime Pics ~

Click the image to open in full size.
Shadow Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:35 AM   #2347
Weirdo
UKA Catgirl Correspondant

I hate people.

I don't, but I feel like I do today.

Thankfully, able to work from home today.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:32 PM   #2348
Necro
Grim User

truer quotes don't exist

1998 - 2013
Old 12-07-2017, 10:03 PM   #2349
rjessop
Registered

Greetings comrades! The company has sent me to darkest Russia to visit a customer. Hotel's nice. The bathroom is bigger than my bedroom at home
Old 13-07-2017, 11:15 AM   #2350
Shadow Cat
The resident Yuri Fan

I hear Russia is quite nice but its not recommended to go wandering around at night

Yui Sempai

~ My Anime List ~~ Random Anime Pics ~

Shadow Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 04:32 PM   #2351
Necro
Grim User

If Stop Xam has taught me anything about Russia it's that everyone is inconsiderate, the drivers are awful and people hate you pointing out the laws they're breaking.

1998 - 2013
Old 14-07-2017, 02:45 PM   #2352
demon
Registered

My property search isn't going well since every suitable place I find ends up being behind the no DSS/HB asshole wall which I really think should be allowed if there isn't a chance that the benefit will be revoked and will be paid.

I have at least found one that is going to be my last resort since I have an interview next week for a new Lidl that will be opening near me and if I get a job there that is full time and at the top of the wage table for the position, I only have to go to the council for the deposit and rent advance (along with finding out if I can get any fees paid) since an £800/M place along with all the bills I'll have to pay will leave me with around £600 each month to myself.

If all else fails then I'll have to try getting on the housing list as well, but that will be a long shot as I might not qualify.

Blighty Otaku is back, and now includes youtube and dailymotion channels.
demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 08:38 PM   #2353
rjessop
Registered

The view from the rooftop bar of my hotel as well as the Suntory Hibiki I was drinking last night. Flying visit though, arrived midnight on Wednesday and going home tomorrow morning
Old 16-07-2017, 01:17 PM   #2354
rjessop
Registered

Well I'm back! I was feeling lonely in the airport so bought a new friend for the trip:

When he's not undermining Europe and generally destabilising the west, he's a handy container for hot and cold beverages.

Mysteriously I got bumped up to business class and got to drink champagne all the way home
Old 16-07-2017, 06:14 PM   #2355
latro
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjessop View Post
Mysteriously I got bumped up to business class and got to drink champagne all the way home
Git! I've been sorting flights out all weeked and I can't even afford to spring for premium economy let alone business!