|
|
|
|
|
|
|
UK Anime Network
Main Site Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   UK Anime Forums > General > Other media

Other media Films/TV/Music of a non-Japanese variety

Old 17-07-2005, 10:21 AM   #1
Jump
Registered

Default The Harry Potter thread for people who read book 6

Thought I'd start a spoiler-tastic thread for everyone who has finished reading this thread and wants to go OMG!

I shall definitely be participating at some point today or tomorrow - so looking forward to a laaaaazy day!
Old 17-07-2005, 03:55 PM   #2
ic
Registered

OMG OMG OMG

Dumbledore.

My Twitter

Click the image to open in full size.
ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 06:08 PM   #3
Dark Hearted Disco Queen
?

I was expecting Dumbledore to die at some point, but I thought he would go in amuch more heroic way than wandless, weak and begging for his life to someone he had wrongly trusted, especially as he weakened himself so much for something that turned out to be a huge waste of time. Poor Dumbledore But I'm sure it won't be the last we see of him, I expect the new Headmaster/ Headmistresss will have a portrait up of him in the head's office, I'm sure he said before that there was a portrait of him in existence.

I'm wondering if Snape can still be trusted or not? The narration says Dumbledore begged him, but he could have been begging him to kill him instead of save him as Snape had the Unbreakable Vow with Malfoy's mother, if he didn't killed him he would have died himself, and I expect Dumbedore had thought about this and decided Snape's position as spy for Voldemort was more important than his life? Especially since he had repeated several times to Harry that his life wasn't important. Then again, maybe I just want Snape to really be a good guy because I like him :P Snape must be a hugely powerful wizard, miles more powerful than Harry and Hermione combined considering that at their age he was inventing his own incantations, spells and potions. I don't see any of the pupils being able to do that now.

From the looks of things Harry and Malfoy may may end up fighting together in the next book, it well be interesting to see. There's plenty of Draco fans who probably danced around the room at Harry's thoughts about him.

Lupin and Tonks- whoo! I like Lupin masses, and Tonks is fun so that's a nice couple I thought Tonks was going to turn out to be dark because she was acting so weirdly. I was convinced Lupin was going to be killed by Pettigrew's silver hand in some way, perhaps in the next book but hopefully not. Anyway, an age gap Dianne Wynne Jones would be proud of Although there was a bit too much romance in that part of the book, I'd prefer one strong romantic tie than all these little ones. Harry's breaking up with Ginny at the funeral was way too similar to Spiderman though!

Any instand theories about who R.A.B is? (I think I remembered the initials right). I have no idea.

Heh heh, I just finished it an hour or so ago so its all still fresh in my mind!
Dark Hearted Disco Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 07:28 PM   #4
ic
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Hearted Disco Queen
I expect the new Headmaster/ Headmistresss will have a portrait up of him in the head's office, I'm sure he said before that there was a portrait of him in existence.
Mcgonagal (i hope thats spelt right) will probably be the new headmistress, and they do mention that theres a painting of Dumbledore in the office when she calls Harry in there.

My Twitter

Old 17-07-2005, 09:30 PM   #5
Red Lightning
Providence Breaker

From the moment that Dumbledore's blackened hand didn't seem to be healing, I began to suspect that he might not be long for this world, so to speak, and sadly I was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Hearted Disco Queen
Then again, maybe I just want Snape to really be a good guy because I like him
Can't help feeling the same way myself, and having Snape turn out to be bad all along seems a little too obvious, even if all the evidence points that way. Maybe he'll 'come good' and sacrifice himself in the next book? And tbh I find it hard to believe that Dumbledore would have trusted Snape so implicitly without good reason, true he liked to see the best in people, but as he so often pointed out, he was pretty clever too, and he certainly knew to keep his eye on Tom Riddle way back when.

Haven't got a clue on who R.A.B. is though...

Official Phantom Brave addict.
Red Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 03:16 PM   #6
Cheese
Stalker

i never read them....so kill me
"The Enrichment Center promises to always provide safe testing environments. In dangerous testing environments, the Enrichment Center promises to always provide useful advice. For instance, the floor here will kill you. Try to avoid it."
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2005, 02:51 PM   #7
Chibi Trianna
The Hyper

You know, I'm so glad I read book 6. Book 5 felt too dark and didn't have the charm of the previous books. It also felt like she was saying:

"You want a death. OK, I'll kill Sirious. Are you HAPPY now?!?"

Book 6 was very dark at times, don't get me wrong, but it had all the humour and charm as her work before hand. I have my faith back now (I wasn't sure if I could read book 7 if 6 repeated the same mistakes as 5).

Great ending, perfect almost.
Old 19-07-2005, 07:14 PM   #8
Dark Hearted Disco Queen
?

Yes, when I was reading it I was wondering how they would make it work as a film for children. Either they will really mess it up or it won't be suitable. I'm thinking in particular about the Inferi rising up from the lake and Greyback's attack on Bill (although they cold easily just not include Greyback unless it is relevant in the next story.)

I'm now convinced Snape is still a goody ^_^

EDIT: Just read about this band called Harry and the Potters, check out their website:
http://www.eskimolabs.com/hp/
'Voldemort Can't Stop the Rock!' sounds like a great title for an album ^_^
Old 19-07-2005, 07:26 PM   #9
ic
Registered

They could make it a 12A

My Twitter

Old 19-07-2005, 11:43 PM   #10
anyana
Registered

Severus is, of course, still a good guy. He was still teaching Harry after he had killed Dumbledore. I absolutely loved him during this book! And I thought that the 'hate and revulsion' on his face were directed more at himself than Dumbledore, although some of it could have been for DD (canna be arsed to type out his name again) because DD was making him kill the only person who ever seemed to fully trust Sev. Anyway, I thought Sev was fab (as always).

And there was nowhere near enough Percy! >..<!

R.A.B is probably Regulus Black. I hope so atleast.

Remus should not go out with Tonks because he loves the cock. Severus's specifically.

Anyana on LJ

Some of us choose celibacy, others have it forced upon them.
anyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2005, 08:21 AM   #11
Chibi Trianna
The Hyper

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyana

Well, I think that is because he is ignoring his family and most of the book is from Harry's point of view.

And I agree with you on R.A.B (was thinking it might be Black's brother whose name began with R, but couldn't think of it at 3 am this morning. I hate it when things come to me like that).
Old 20-07-2005, 11:48 AM   #12
Cheese
Stalker

hummm...it's people like u who didn't make me finish lord of the rings....
"The Enrichment Center promises to always provide safe testing environments. In dangerous testing environments, the Enrichment Center promises to always provide useful advice. For instance, the floor here will kill you. Try to avoid it."
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 03:50 PM   #13
teeif
tee-fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Trianna
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyana

Well, I think that is because he is ignoring his family and most of the book is from Harry's point of view.

And I agree with you on R.A.B (was thinking it might be Black's brother whose name began with R, but couldn't think of it at 3 am this morning. I hate it when things come to me like that).
Thats what I thought! Ronald Black? or something?
Old 22-07-2005, 08:21 PM   #14
Dark Hearted Disco Queen
?

Regulus Black was his name. But I kind of think it might be a red herring, it could be someone else, perhaps a woman who goes by a different name through marriage now, or someone that isn't in it at all yet, or someone we don't know the first name of like Borgin or professor Binns, or Amelia Bones (Amelia could be her middle name?) or initials of a nickname. Or it could just be Regulus Black
Old 22-07-2005, 09:08 PM   #15
teeif
tee-fu

Whoever it is, they better be powerful beyond awesomeness. It should also be a previously mentioned character but its just as easy for rowling to make up a new character.

I got the whole Half-blood prince mystery wrong . I thought it was Voldemort. I'm wondering why Snape managed to get picked on so much if he was this powerful.