Your favourite board games

Discussion in 'Toy Box' started by Chrono, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Chrono

Chrono Legendary Devil Knight

Hi,

So, what's your pick of fun board games and why?

Got any new ones to brag about?

I've just picked up quick and simple sushi go. It's great fun for a pick up and play. Wouldn't mind trying out some more things too.

2. Necro

Necro Grim User

I've played Sushi Go with people at UKAStock and it was good fun. Not a huge board game person but I do have a love for Catan and the mutual hatred it creates.

3. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Hmmmm, lemme think.

Yup, Catan, always Catan. People get salty when I play Catan :D

4. Chrono

Chrono Legendary Devil Knight

I remember cutthroat caverns being similar in the screwing over of friends!

5. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

I've never actually played a board game (excluding monopoly with family where someone quits early so they don't have to tidy up)

6. Scorpion03

Scorpion03 Holo

Hey,

I dont normally play board games but a while back i got the chance to play pandemic, after giving that a go I had a proper look into it and eventually bought Pandemic Legacy which I am now playing through with three friends and ive got to say I am really enjoying this game though it does require trying to get everyone together at one time for a game that can take a good couple of hours sometimes and really requires the same group for each of the twelve months (12 to 24 playthroughs depending on how rubbish you are at it). Proves an interesting storyline and the game gets more complex as you play through each month and the viruses modify and change depending on your play style.

7. dapprman

dapprman Registered

Judge Dredd board game - by Games Workshop back in the 19780s/early 80s. Great fun, can be malicious when drinking, and you get some great crime/criminal combinations such as Judge Death for Boinging(tm)