What did you get this week?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SUPERFISH5000, Apr 21, 2012.

1. ic

ic Registered

[​IMG]
    More Doom, this time the VR spin off, Doom VFR. I think we can all guess what the F means.

2. demon

demon Registered

[​IMG]

Two pairs of cheap trainers from Primark since I'd already worn my last pair through (and I was only using a single pair, so they would have work out a lot quicker), and I was going to get a pair of shoes since I have an interview tomorrow, but I couldn't find anything in my size so I scrapped that plan (and I'm just going to use the boots that are now falling apart) and went into HMV to get this...

[​IMG]

So at least I now have all 3 of the Evangelion films (if you don't could the Anime Ltd version of 1.11) and I have to wait until god knows when for the forth (at least I didn't buy the standard edition as they were charging the same price for both the standard blu ray and the DVD/BD limited edition).

3. ic

ic Registered

[​IMG]
    A really nice possible figure of Perona (or as the romanization of her name would have it, Perhona) from One Piece from the guys at MegaHouse. It's got a loaf of extras, some different faces and hands. No stand though, which seems weird to me.

Also she's wearing her pre-time skip clothes yet seems to be based on her post-time skip design which confuses me a bit.

4. demon

demon Registered

[​IMG]

Even though I have a hat and gloves for cold weather the hat is almost 20 years old and the gloves can't really be used to hold anything and I have to take them off so I decided to get a new hat which should keep my head warm along with some thinsulate gloves that aren't bulky enough that they stop me from holding most things.

5. ic

ic Registered

[​IMG]
    Some games. The Atari Flashback Classics were on clearance in Argos, and Nex Machina was from Limited Run Games.

[​IMG]
    A Harley Quinn calender

[​IMG]
    And The Art of Harley Quinn (it's the 25th anniversary of the character). This thing is huge!

Ross likes this.
  6. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Air BnB for May MCM
    Giovanni's Island the the Blu Ray mystery box from AL.
    Tenchi OVA collection from MVM.

Also bought a lot of food at the Xmas Markets.

Oh and yesterday I also bought 2018 tickets for...

Spamalot
    Some Sinatra thing where a guy called Matt Ford sings his music with a 27 piece band and 2 ballroom dancers. (Xmas 2018 gift for me fella, my Grans back up if we dont survive till then lol).
    Sister Act in Concert (they play the film and on the stage have an actual choir and performers singing the songs along with the film. looks siiiiiiick. they've also said there's going to be a special guest opening the show. i pray to god it's going to be Whoopi!!)

Also bagged Bryan Adams tickets a while back for my Mums 50th :)

7. demon

demon Registered

[​IMG]

Christmas came early as I got my payback from Giffgaff yesterday, so instead of getting my Christmas presents for myself at the weekend I decided to get them today as I had to go see the vampires and HMV was nearby (along with my local branch of game), although I have to hope that the disc tray on my blu-ray player doesn't fully give up the ghost since it takes several attempts to actually make the tray come out (which is probably down to a part of the mechanism being damaged or not reacting well to the temperature).

8. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Catgirl Correspondant

So EE gave me their £100 credit card after I renewed my sim only contract, and I have decided to spend it on some PS4 games.

Nier, Horizon Zero Dawn and its DLC, and the 2nd Utawarerumono game. :D

9. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Oh I forgot I got the AL myster box too. Love what I got. Have only seen Eden of the East before. Going to sell my dvds of the series and films now I have it on BR and sell my sealed Frew dvd too as I got that in the box too :)

I bought sandwiches, crisps, cereal bars, socks and gloves for the homeless this week.

I wanted to treat myself to a hand bag but it got sold out :’(
    May see what Boxing Day holds and risk town. About to buy a £20 voucher for Black Milk Cereal Dive for £16. Gon get up in their “kinder mess” waffle and bueno and nutella sundae!!

10. demon

demon Registered

[​IMG]
    I decided to throw a bit more money into Christmas treats for myself with the last 3 seasons of Babylon 5

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And that is what the steam credit I purchased was spent on.

Ross and Shadow Cat like this.
  11. demon

demon Registered

[​IMG]

And most likely the last item I'll be purchasing this year unless I decide to pull the trigger early what would be my first purchase of 2018.

12. rjessop

rjessop Registered

Anime Ltd. Mystery Box! No point posting pictures you all bloody bought one :D

13. demon

demon Registered

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My advice top everyone is to NOT purchase those cheap android TV boxes, especially those that state that they support 4K as they're more likely to only have 720p support and be as unstable as all hell since the youtube app decided to crash whilst playing a video.

I'm going to get a roku express once I get my money back from this misadventure.

14. duoinchains

duoinchains t'other resident yaoi fan

[​IMG]
    :p

(It isn't... and you've reminded me that I still need to get the dvd box set)

Anime/manga-related Xmas presents were the In This Corner of the World dual-play, A Silent Voice blu-ray and Genshiken Vol 11, while a few weeks ago at the Red Garden Manga 10th Birthday event I picked up the GitS deluxe hardback edition, the ITCOTW manga and A Girl on the Shore manga.

Ross likes this.
  15. Necro

Necro Grim User

Exactly why I bought a Fire TV. Decent spec plus works nicely with prime.

16. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat The resident Yuri Fan

Hanayamata <3 <3 <3

17. Ross

Ross Behind you...
    Staff Member

That's awesome - Bryony and I just finished up Season 2, I can't wait to show her the rest! Very fine taste sir!

Picked up a few things myself:

Some more manga (including continuation of a few recent review copies, thank you for helping me spend my money Turnaround!)
    [​IMG]

And a couple of board games - how cute is that Alice artwork?!

[​IMG]

18. ic

ic Registered

[​IMG]
    Got the Akira boxset for Christmas. This thing is massive and heavy. Kill someone if you dropped it on them heavy.

[​IMG]
    Phonebook sized volumes!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gaems! Honestly enjoying Sonic Forces way more than I expected. I'm starting to think it got low scores just because it's 3D and Sonic.
    Oh and No Man's Sky is just really good. Shame it was in a bad state at launch.

[​IMG]
    And these two came the other day. Damn the Meer Campbell figurine is amazing. And I now have more Himouto! Umaru-chan figurines than I know what to do with. Got a whole set of them in the box, thankfully. They are currently surrounding the TV.

Ross likes this.
  19. dapprman

dapprman Registered

Akira Club ? - I might have to look for that.

20. ic

ic Registered

Skyrim is now my life apparently.

I gots a Chromebook!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    An Asus C202SA, very ruggedized. Rubber round the edges, easy to open (designed orginally for education).

Now do I keep Chrome OS or hackorz it and run a full Linux distro on it?
    It's fairly low spec (Celeron N3060, 2Gb ram, 16Gb emmc,) but it's fine for Web browsing, Web apps and some Android apps. Plus I already have a Dell laptop running Ubuntu (same processor in fact! But 4Gb ram and 500Gb hard drive) so I already have something for Linux tinkering… hmm.