What did you get this week?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SUPERFISH5000, Apr 21, 2012.

1. SUPERFISH5000

SUPERFISH5000 Church of Pancake

I guess this kinda follows on from Ross's cool stuff photo thread, but if anyone on here is like me (God forbid!) then they buy stuff on an almost daily basis ( I blame eBay for its bargains and rarities, I must've sunk a good few grand there over the past 5 years). Needless to say I get packages almost everyday; I'm well known at my local PO...

Anyway, the idea of this thread was for people to upload their weekly hauls. I'll start :)

[​IMG]

Mixtape Vol 1 - Food One/ Mah Food art
    Guilty Gear XX Encyclopedia
    Wonderland GN
    Heat Guy J - US Limited Edition Collector's boxes 1 & 2
    Chobits Vol 7 - Japanese Full Colour Manga
    Miyavi - What's my name? CD
    Utada Hikaru - Singles Collection vol 2 CD
    Haruhi Chan Suzumiya Nyoron! Churuya-san part 2 DVD

And in the middle - an absolutely gorgeous artbook;

Flavor 01 - by Hye-Jung Kim and Justin Ridge, signed by both artists :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 SUPERFISH5000, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  2. rjessop

rjessop Registered

3. ER-nut

ER-nut Moeblob

Where did you get those Haruhi novels if you don't mind me asking? Been on the look for them

4. rjessop

rjessop Registered

I ordered them from tax-dodging VAT-loopholing spamming Amazon.co.uk, since I already had the first two in hardback format and they had the rest of the set.

5. Necro

Necro Grim User

Nothing wrong with Amazon ;P I've been meaning to buy the hardback books (as well as the floppys) because they're pretty.

on topic, nothing anime related, nor postal related, but I got this on Tuesday. and I am mighty chuffed.

[​IMG]

I'm doubting there are many other fans here, if any, but I don't care :)

6. silentNate

silentNate Never Knows Best

I saw DragonForce supporting Iron Maiden and damn they were good :)

How is the new vocalist on the album? I hear they have added a female backing vocalist also :eek:

I'm going to wait and borrow the album from my FIL :oops:

7. Necro

Necro Grim User

Marc Hudson is great. I'm really pleased, it sounds like dragonforce, but it's a bit different and more melodic. There's no female backing (unless there's a guest singer somewhere i'm not aware of(And after checking, there is! I never noticed it though :p) Definitely some of my favourite DF songs on the album. Seasons for example the best off the album in my opinion.

[youtube]AC-uN6fWhDQ[/youtube]

And you can always borrow the album off of our good friend the internet ;)

8. silentNate

Marc Hudson forgot the words at the gig I was at! Still sounded great though so I'm pleased you like the album and will get round to giving it a whirl once I'm done with A Skylit Drive :oops: :D

9. Necro

Necro Grim User

Haha, well he doesn't have any proper experience as far as I know and at the very least he's a nice guy based on when I spoke to him at the signing.

Out of interest, lots of "old fans" find the album to be somewhat lacking, yet a lot of previous naysayers quite like it. Fairly split opinions.

10. DustyShinigami

DustyShinigami Registered

Only these this week:

[​IMG]

More should be arriving throughout the week(s)... ;)

11. SUPERFISH5000

*Puts hand up*

That looks really cool, I have to admit I'm quite behind on the metal scene these days - I had no idea ZP theart had left but after listening to that seasons video you posted, it sounds like they got a bit less 'EXTREME!!!!1111!!1' and a bit more melodic. Sounds very much like Dreamtheater.

12. silentNate

On a whim I bought a can of 'Boisson de Cele', a sweet cold drink containing grass jelly extract. It literally has bits of jelly in it and whilst it tastes nice the sensation of the bits of jelly in your mouth is not exactly pleasant :oops: :(

13. ShinAsura

ShinAsura Captain Awesome

[​IMG]

New keyboard and mouse. Logitech G510 and the G9X mouse.

Was getting sick of wireless stuff. Also a twix

14. SUPERFISH5000

That's what she said...

Been a while since I had a twix, now I want one! :(

Also that looks like a fair beast of a keyboard; proper clackity keys too! I hate keyboards with flat keys.

#14 SUPERFISH5000, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  15. Necro

Necro Grim User

[​IMG]

I got some hard drives to solve my space issues. Going to spend a fair while re-organising all of my files and crap. fun.

Also, look at what FINALLY ARRIVED!

[​IMG]

It's really nice, really heavy, and generally a very pretty book. I'll post some other pictures in the cool stuff thread.

16. SUPERFISH5000

That looks ace!

I bought a ton of stuff this week - mostly manga.

I'll stick up some pics when my internet decides to speed up again; I tried last night and it was like pulling teeth :(

17. Ross

Ross Behind you...
    Staff Member

Sad to say that nothing I ordered this week has turned up yet. However I did get Disgaea 3 the week prior, and it's awesome.

18. latro

latro Registered

Hallo Daniel!

Hiermit besttigen wir Dir den Eingang Deiner Zahlung fr Dein AnimagiC-2012-Ticket. Bitte beachten: Diese Besttigung ist nicht bertragbar und gilt nicht als Eintrittskarte!

Die Eintrittskarten, die euch zur Abholung eures Conpaketes / 3-Tages-Pass /Tagestickets etc. vor Ort an den jeweiligen Ausgabestellen berechtigen (Ausweis nicht vergessen), erhaltet ihr per Post zwischem dem 9. und 16. Juli zugeschickt. Sollten euch eure Karten bis sptestens 18. Juli 2012 nicht vorliegen, meldet euch bitte per E-Mail bei orgaleitung@animagic-online.de unter Angabe eurer Ticket-/Reservierungsnumer, eures vollstndigen Namens und einer Rufnummer, unter der ihr erreichbar seid.

Wir freuen uns auf die AnimagiC 2012

Confirmation for my ticket to Animagic in Germany!! (well, I think its pretty neat!);)

19. Scorpion03

Scorpion03 Holo

Definately great... Have to say im really looking forward to this event now

20. Aya-Kun

Aya-Kun Registered

Ok so not strictly what I received this week more the whole of april though most of it has been in the last week or so -pretty sure I've missed some stuff- Most of my april pre-orders though are in the post or waiting to be shipped

Main pic -im so behind on any anime/manga series most of my money goes on figures -I try not think about that total to often-

[​IMG]

some close ups

The Kizaki Emi figure is kinda the odd one out as its the only female item in this lot -apart from a sticker- I don't buy female figures often but I like her and she was a really good price
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]