UKA Stock 2018

Discussion in 'UKA Stock 2018' started by Weirdo, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Also, probably a good time to ask some questions:

• Anyone bringing a PS4 / Xbox etc for games?
    • Anyone bringing board games?
    • Anyone else bringing a laptop for lan games
    I plan to bring the ludicrously long HDMI cable again and a ludicrous cable for my phone. Bringing a laptop and HDD full of stuff. Thinking i might bring my multi-region BD player too if people want to watch stuff?

2. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

I'd love to watch stuff please seeing as I can't do any board games so it's where I may feel like I have nothing to do.

I'm just going to bring my sh*t laptop or sh*t tablet along with my Brothers Vita. I have naff all decent Tech. Gonna bring a book too.

I'm gonna bring some playing cards for any who want to risk my drinking game of death.

I need this weekend now. I need distraction and somewhere pretty and to be temporarily removed from my life atm.

3. Weirdo

Staff Member

I will bring Settlers and Seafarers. Probably some cards too.

4. -Danielle-

F*****ck, just read 2017's thread and can see we're at the same place where everyone complained it was too warm.

Do we know how to remedy that now should it be the same? Work the heating out etc?

5. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

It wasn't too bad really, just when the heating was on full blast and you were under the duvet (which was incredibly warm)

I'll also bring my crappy work laptop and that's about it, as I don't own any mobile devices of note (a dead kindle being the only one really).

6. Weirdo

Staff Member

Open the windows. It'll be fine.

7. Necro

Necro Grim User

I'll bring very little. iPad for jackbox is a must. I have my mums old laptop which I doubt can play any games, but I'll bring it anyway I guess.

I'm all for board games and require my yearly catan salt fest.

8. spongbros

spongbros Registered

Seeing as none of you appreciated the masterpiece that is Garzey's Wing, this year I'll be bringing some of my non-ironic most favourite anime series of all time. Also Miracle Tunes. Also Pages From Ceefax.

For what it's worth, I don't recall experiencing any uncomfortable temperatures.

9. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

After the jealousy of last year would love to do some LAN gaming but the hardware is a bit of an issue. Can you hook up macbooks with windows laptops these days? I might be able to nick my brothers old one for the weekend depending on its condition....

Otherwise will probably have my Switch, poss Vita if theres any decent multiplayer going on and a game or too. Have a nerdy quizz game I bought over Xmas that could be a laugh (especially if paried with gin....)

10. Elliotpage

Elliotpage Lazy Podcast Lord

I'll bring some board games - Tiny Epic Galaxies, Rhino Hero, self-made game #2 (Yes I'm still working on it shush life is busy)
    I may bring arcade stick is there is a console so we can play the Dragonball FIghterzzzz

11. -Danielle-

Didnt some windows not open though? :O

What's LAN gaming? I'd just be glad to watch stuff or do stuff when there's board games and things occurring I cant involve myself in.

12. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

local area network

should be fine and there's plenty of space for it

13. -Danielle-

ah well with how shite my laptop is, like a decade old but still working so meh, i can see that being like the board games where i'll maybe watch the tv as there's more than 1 and there's sky too isnt there :)

2 weeks on friday! gaah must hurry. will be nice meeting newer members me not seen before!

its hard remembering everyones, still none the wiser from uka stock 2016, too many men lol. least with me its pretty obvious if i aint shana im danielle like :p

14. Random88

Random88 The Videogame Guy

Didn't have any issues with how warm the house got last year. My bedroom was on the groundfloor.

I'll be bringing along my PS4 along with DragonBall FighterZ, Undernight in Birth, Blazblue Central Fiction.
    I'll also have a few other games on there as well

15. Weirdo

Staff Member

FOOD PLANS

Right, to confirm.
    1. I am not catering for evening meals. We have a lot of takeaways and other facilities near by. I suggest that we split into groups and sort ourselves out. Failing that Just Eat and other takaways also work.
    2. I have catered for lunches and breakfasts. Basic tea, coffee and soft drinks.
    Total so far is £147.

At the current state, I should be giving money back to people, which i'll give in Cash on the day which will help with meals etc :)

If you want to see the shopping list - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VStf5tChdj59Pvv76jLoWm0_rr2bWvD7RH7zNbh88DY/edit?usp=sharing

16. Necro

Necro Grim User

>Loo Rolls 16

Just for you, right? :p

17. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

Maybe add:

Kenco Smooth 200g - £5 (Yep, I notice we have some Nescafe already on the list, just a preference as I'm not a huge fan of strong coffee, always willing to bring my own tbh)

18. Random88

Random88 The Videogame Guy

list needs some irn bru extra on there. Is it easy to get a hold of down south or should I bring some?

19. Elliotpage

Elliotpage Lazy Podcast Lord

On this note, I am planning to organise a pizza delivery on Saturday, will make a separate thread for it to keep tidy.

20. -Danielle-

Can I just add that ladies use loo roll a lot more than men as we wipe when we widdle, no drip dry! lol. So can I ask the bathroom closest to where I end up have a nice amount, please :p