The toy pics thread

Discussion in 'Toy Box' started by Ross, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Ross

Ross Behind you...
    Staff Member

She is a cutie, and my favourite type of figure - an event exclusive you had to attend to get. Makes for a great souvenir. Along with the Danbo in the WonderFest uniform, they were pretty great. The exclusive kits were beyond my skill, but I'm going to practice and go again when my skills improve.

2. Chrispynutt

Chrispynutt New Member

That's a wonderful expression, really like the look.

Aside I got a Polynian yesterday, too embarrassed to post. She is of the fuller bodied type.

Guess I am the latter... sigh

3. Ross

Ross Behind you...
    Staff Member

Ooh, which one did you get? I picked up 2 in Japan - one was awesome, the other was a QC bloody nightmare (video coming soon!) Here's the nightmare one (still cute...)

[​IMG]

4. AjaxRanger

AjaxRanger Spandex-clad hero

I keep meaning to pick one of those up. Love the style of them and they’d go great with Figma Drossel.

The fuller bodied ones tend to be the ones I prefer! XD

5. Chrispynutt

Chrispynutt New Member

Okay fair enough, I got FLL Ianna.
    [​IMG]
    Also moved one of my Transformers through, really needs a dust! + Rock Monsters
    [​IMG]

Ross likes this.
  6. Chrispynutt

Chrispynutt New Member

Hi all,

minor update I bought a pack of 4 lights
    [​IMG]

They are touch sensitive, magnetically attaches and you can adjust the brightness. I need some more batteries, I prefer Eneloop. Maybe I am too much of a Japanophile :p

7. Ross

Ross Behind you...
    Staff Member

Hurrah, Millia arrived to have Max's back:
    [​IMG]

dawfydd and Chrispynutt like this.
  8. Ross

Ross Behind you...
    Staff Member

This is a garage kit by a circle called Mersa from 2009. Not everyone likes the face, but I'm very fond of this kit.

[​IMG]

9. Ross

Ross Behind you...
    Staff Member

Finally picked up Apache (Springer) from Fanstoys. Love that bot mode (plus I made a watermark - shiny!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dawfydd likes this.
  10. Chrispynutt

Chrispynutt New Member

I like the face on that one.

11. dawfydd

dawfydd New Member

Something a little bit retro (from 2008.....**** that makes me feel old >_< ), I picked up a sealed example of Decepticon Fracture off of the old EvilBay recently. I've always had a soft spot for the Classics Mirage mould, as despite it's flaws (most noticably hands that had to be engineered smaller than usual so can't hold 3mm or 5mm weapons) it's stupidly poseable and kindof set the bar for where the CHUG line went in terms of balancing articulation with a clean alt-mode. And then for the 2008 movie's AllSpark Power subline they repainted it into a frankly delightful homage to Go-Bots mistress of mayhem Crasher :)
    2018-04-08 22.33.52.jpg 2018-04-08 22.35.09.jpg 2018-04-08 22.35.59.jpg 2018-04-08 22.37.00.jpg 2018-04-08 22.40.06.jpg
    Admittedly this is actually my second Fracture, as I got one at Rollout Rollcall a few years ago from a bargain bin whose hip pretty much disintegrated by the time it got home. Bit of repair with some poly cement has meant it's been sat on a shelf for 2 years now. This one was a similarly cheap price, so there's a good chance both were KO's as she was one of the more notorious examples, but here legs are good even if one arm's elbow joint refuses to stay level. Upshot is the waist joint can just be pushed out, so I've gotten one complete figure out of the deal :D

Ross likes this.
  12. Ross

Ross Behind you...
    Staff Member

The Mirage mould a great bit of engineering, lovely balance and poise. I used to attach my G1 Mirage launcher to my Henkei Mirage for an extra bit of firepower :)

dawfydd likes this.
  13. dawfydd

dawfydd New Member

I'm still bitter I missed out on the Gear of War kit that had an updated version of Mirage's missile launcher for the Classics figure, as well as missiles for Sideswipe & red Alert plus a ladder for inferno. that and the original Fans project upgrade kit for Classics Cliffjumper are pretty much my holy grails for 3p kits...

14. Ross

Ross Behind you...
    Staff Member

I'll keep an eye out for you - do you belong to any of the facebook Transformers sales groups? I can recommend Transformers UK Sales and the Kapow Sales Marketplace. I've picked up some great stuff and the community is very friendly.

I'm always on the lookout for the Prime weapons set that included a blaster for Alternity Convoy. I'd love one of those :)

dawfydd likes this.
  15. dawfydd

dawfydd New Member

Oh yes. gotten some great sets off the various trade groups over the years (still making hay off a Beast Wars job lot a chap in Austria wanted shot off, even after taking out the bits I was after).

And that was one of the other Gear of War sets wasn't it? The one where the gun turned into a fuel tank?

16. Ross

Ross Behind you...
    Staff Member

Yup. When it came it came out I just couldn't justify the price for one small light up gun, cool as it was, and I couldn't find anyone to split the set with. In the past, for things like Marvel Legends, I've grouped together with people to by a wave so we all get what we want.

Speaking of the facebook groups, I'm looking to actually meet up with more folks at TF Nation this year, try and be social. I'm always quite chatty in a very casual way, but it'd be great to meet some local collectors - I'm sure Bry is sick of my robot obsession :p

dawfydd likes this.
  17. dawfydd

dawfydd New Member

Sadly TF Nation is off my radar for this year, unless I have a miraculous upturn in my fortunes :(
    I'd love to go to one though as A) from all reports they are REALLY great fun and B) I went to Rollout Rollcall a couple of years ago and had a great time. Doing that on a larger scale sounds boss :)

On a happier note, look at this gloriously miserable SOB who arrived a few days ago. Part of me digs the idea of building Starscream's combined mode out of Dreadwind & Darkwing as the arms, then the con-exclusive Terrosaur and one other for the legs....
    (I will be hitting up Shapeways though for some replacement blasters as he really needs a pair....)
    2018-04-12 22.47.28.jpg
    2018-04-12 23.00.41.jpg

18. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat The resident Yuri Fan

I always find the smaller cons to be more fun. Not sure if thats the same for TF cons but you always get to talk to people and have fun... Over larger cons where you're always rushing around dodging people.

Hope TF Nation could prove me wrong but yeh... I've had better times at local cons that MCM :/

19. dawfydd

dawfydd New Member

Rather a surprising bit of good fortune The Entertainer were offering online led to picking up the Battletrap pair for a song. Now I've got to say the altmodes and base robots for Roadtrap and Battleslash are kinda "Meh", but the combined mode is damned sexy. I think I'll be hitting up some of the Transformer designers on Shapeways for some weapon upgrades for them though....
    2018-04-22 22.31.55.jpg 2018-04-22 22.33.41.jpg 2018-04-22 22.34.35.jpg

20. Ross

Ross Behind you...
    Staff Member

I have this guy myself, but need a new helicopter - the face was scratched out of the packaging, and like a muppet I've lost the blades too. Great idea, but I wish they had spent a little more on it and refined the transformation a bit - those tailfins by his fists really bugger up his ability to hold stuff ><