Let's talk about...random things!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by -Danielle-, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Necro

Necro Grim User

I've downgraded to drinking Galahad. £2.16 for a 4-pack in Aldi. It's really nice tbh. Nicer than the £2.99 Reinbacher that I can't afford now :p

Wouldn't count on the weather much

2. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

What alcohol is a Galahad? lol.

It's meant to be sunny all next week. Yussssss. May finally get to go up 20 Stories and feel like I'm rich :D

So life's still shit with me and I'm still having an extended sleepover at my Mums cause of my head and just going to mine to Overwatch with the Bro and exercise. Belter.

Hows everyone else?

3. Necro

Necro Grim User

Its a "premium" lager. I don't understand what premium means anymore.

Mines pretty shit too, no change there. Missed a delivery (somehow?) but looks like its from work so I bet its a bunch of boring shite regarding my termination. Was hoping it was this dope tee and hoodie i bought but nah.

4. latro

latro Registered

Seconded - in fact, forget the barbeque! I need a pizza and gin day with friends!!

5. -Danielle-

Seb, make it happen man :p :)

What tee and hoodie Shaun?

I hate how cold it is atm. Going from freezing cold outside into a warm office is leaving me feeling well ill.

6. Necro

Necro Grim User

band merch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Martin

Martin guitaku

I'm having a busy-ish week at work, which is fine because it keeps my mind occupied and helps the time pass quickly.

I basically load up on cookies and company-provided green tea, plug my earphones in and spend all day working through whatever project has been assigned to me. It's the most comfortable I've felt in a job in a long, long time. :)

8. -Danielle-

That sounds great Martin :)

I've been listening to music on the sly. Some sales boys do so duno why it wouldnt apply to our team as we dont even get calls etc for music to potentially interfere and we aint supposed to be on phones trying to sell shite either.

Pretty sure Managers seen it in my ear and nowts been said. Most definitely isnt affecting my work as I'm stll doing 60-70% of our volume.

9. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

I usually work at home and listen to music, seems that I focus much better that way.

10. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

Sometimes I feel music can help, other times I get distracted by it. I have a tendency to put on 90s music and let youtube decide what I listen to (starting at counting crows, ending up at who knows) while studying.

11. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

A thought occured to me the other day while watching a 4 Non Blondes video? Why do video game writers/TV writers write most "edgy/tough/punk" girls in media as if they're on their way to a 4 Non Blondes auditon forgetting that was like 20 years ago?

12. Necro

Necro Grim User

I legit hate the depiction of "tough girl" trope. Nothing makes me hate a character more. It's tired, it's annoying, it's unrealistic.

Not every girl has to be a badass to be cool.

13. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

on the other hand when people celebrate wonder woman for being a strong female lead, she isn't even human so its not a fair comparison

14. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Catgirl Correspondant

Need to get my patio redone first before I host a BBQ :D

15. -Danielle-

I've been listening to Anime OSTs and a LOT of lofi hip hop.

Sick of work, last week was horrific. Lass on my team basically picks and chooses the emails she wants to do and skips the others. We're supposed to do them as they come. We have a new division we create jobs for now and we had to learn on the job which is poop as even I've still been fixing em days later, but she ignored all of em last week and did not one of them. If I had her attitude, half our stuff would never get done. It's not fair I keep doing all the minging stuff as well as still most of our volume. Gone slower from like Wed last week and we've been in a backlog since. If she did same amount as me, we'd have no backlog.

I am not senior to her. We get same pay. I shouldn't be doing more.

Also sick of seeing my ex with the not to worry lass. I need to shake this d*ck head off of me. Not looking forward to May MCM at all.

16. latro

latro Registered

You aren't alone - this happens all the time at pretty much everywhere I've ever worked. The slackers never get called on it and those of us making the effort get no reward but more work. It royally sucks.

I thought he was in London?

I know you're down there for MCM but I'm sure you'll have fun. Worst comes to worst I'm sure at least Andy, Jeremy or both will be down for Anime Limited for a quick chat and our Mr Graves can deal with pretty any obnoxious ex just by being in the room and looking sternly at them! ;-)

17. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Catgirl Correspondant

That moment when you realise that you have barely been on social media / forum as you are busy...