Let's talk about...random things!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by -Danielle-, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it's gotta pay off eventually right? If it doesn't for me at Uni then I'll feel pretty fucked tbh

2. Necro

Necro Grim User

Sounds like you're me 5 years ago.

Pro tip: don't be me. Do something with your time at uni.

3. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

feel the only time i didnt miss life was when i was a kid lol, will be a true test

will genuinely have to force myself to ask about the anime club, can imagine going down with a flatmate or something and being too embarrassed to join since im a moron

4. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

Don't spend all your time at University in the pub, it's not a good idea.

5. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Bar 1/2 years where I was left alone in high school and had my 6 weeks hol to myself, my childhood and teenage years were amazing. Even my early 20's bar the emotional abuser was ok.

Hate that I feel my last year of 20 was wasted as im not longer with the ex. I still miss him. Worried I still love him. That prick deserves neither.

Well guys, let me know when meetups occur please and i'll see what my finance hold in terms of getting there.

Didn't do anything for my 30th back on Friday. Had a work lunch, 2 drinks with a couple of co workers then just went to a leaving do for someone I used to work with till 11pm so nothing really for me. Got cancelled on for Spamalot the next day so didn't go and Mum had a tooth out so family lunch got delayed to this coming weekend. What a fucking fantastic 30th. Don't know why I bother with life. But as Shaun said, I still do.

Gaming all this Sat as well as having my hair trimmed, then Sunday I'll see the Avengers and finally go to Brewski. Got a meal at Jamie's Italian tomorrow too so remotely delayed birthday make up. Still had nothing from friends. And i'm deliberately not going to a surprise Birthday thing on Sunday as it's just BS i've been attending a few and had nothing myself. Dont even care if that sounds selfish of me.

Mare finding a dress for next weeks wedding. Not got a wedding gift or even booked my train to Dundee. Gonna defo train it to SLA in October too. Maybe even first class as that has Wifi right? lol.

6. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

Might be a day meetup in Leeds on sat with Seb and Martin. That's all that's on the books at the mo as long as stuff people have going on is stirred by then.

7. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

Always nice to see just how little people give a crap about you. Just tripped and fell flat on my face in the office. Woman just watched it happen, watches me get up and then walks off. Says nothing. Thanks a lot for your concern....

8. demon

demon Registered

Did another couple of tests at streaming at 720p and after a tweak to the video quality settings, I got it where I only dropped about 1% of the frames in a 25 minute livestream so I'm pretty much good to go now as long as this dumpster fire of a PC doesn't fall flat on itself.

Another thing is that this is only going to be for the night owls since I'll be streaming at around midnight since it's the only time I think I won't end up with any unnecesary or unwanted (because who knows when that person will blow his top again and start raging) noise, but those on the discord will know when I've gone live since it'll show it in my status (although I go by a different name but use a recognisable avatar image).

9. J.Akorah

J.Akorah New Member

Man, that sounds like me when I was at uni. I ended up bottling it and not joining. My last two year of uni were pretty miserable to be honest-- I didn't really enjoy the academic or the social side. Thankfully I at least joined the Art Club. It was the one part of University life that I really enjoyed towards the end: the people there were really sweet and the atmosphere at their sessions helped relieve a lot of the week's stress.

I have no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't have met such a group if I didn't join the group-- I mean, there's no way in hell I would have had the courage to approach them in a bar or something. Even with that, I still feel like I missed out on something not joining the anime club.

Like everyone else said, don't waste your time! I mean, you have to passionate about anime if you're here, right?

10. Necro

Necro Grim User

She could have at least had the courtesy to laugh at you. :p

There are definitely no breaks on the bollocks train that's for sure, just keeps coming and coming.

I have a job now. its *probably* gonna be a bit wank, more call centre stuff, but the pay isn't awful and it's not sales. Job seems straightforward and everyone seems nice. My TL is a proper qt so that helps :) Gonna grind it out and rack up some much needed money. Bonuses and targets seem easy enough to hit

11. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

Yeah, I know it'd be best if I just thought frig it, and ignored what anyone else thought about me (since time has proven i don't keep in contact with people i don't have similar interests to). I need to really just pump myself up and go for it lol, and remind myself its surely the best chance of making friends I've got left. I think passion might not equal enthusiasm with me always though.

I did know a guy who was in the anime/manga clubs but he was a few years older than me (and I didn't speak to him that much in school), but he was a really nice guy, if he was still there I'd probably definitely join without hesitation lol

I always saw my local call center as the eye of sauron, so good luck!

#2671 Ch1cken, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
  12. rjessop

rjessop Registered

Hmm. If only there was an anime about having the best possible university experience...

13. megalomaniac

If there were it might have tips on gaining that elusive rose-coloured campus life...

14. -Danielle-

Chicken, carpe diem with uni. I never went, my whole teen life and early 20's I had no one in my life who liked anime, no one I could geek with. It was lonely. Much like my life now lol.

Latro, my Mums in Southport on Sat so I can't otherwise I would meet up with you 3 :(

Have you booked your CSGO thing yet Shaun? Having a job should hopefully make it a less financially painful trip for you :)

Maybe you can even end up affording SLA ;) haha.

15. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

16. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

What sort of call centre is it necro?

17. Necro

Necro Grim User

@-Danielle- I have the tickets and days booked off work. I have a tentative place to stay the nights (at least some of them), need to organise travel. But yeah, looking forward to it.

EDIT - Trying to book a proper place to stay for the whole 5 nights. Literally next to Wembley arena which would be ace.-

I don't think work wise SLA is going to be viable, plus I need to save the money for real things like a new car and stuff.

@latro The centre is based on PPI claims and stuff. I'm not in sales so no cold calls. Basically, filling out questionnaires and getting information to help strengthen the complaints. Easy enough, and bonuses are incentives.

@Ch1cken invite me for a piss up pls.

#2677 Necro, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
  18. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

So more information is sure to be posted but Ross and Megalomanic have stepped down from UK-Anime due to issues with the recent Podcast

I would personally like to thank Dan and Ross for the work they have done over the last few years, along with any other currently unannounced departures.

You have done some great work, and as I've already said to dan. I hope contact with everyone is kept even if it isn't on UK-Anime platform.

www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Change_in_Editorial_Team

19. -Danielle-

We have Neo on FB and AUKN still which I guess i’d go back on if i lose here to talk to you all. For those in neither of those you know where to find the rest of us should it come to it :)

Hope you’re ok Dan x
    Congrats Seb x

20. megalomaniac

Thanks for the nice comments, but I should point out for the sake of clarity that I had nothing to do with the controversial podcast and stepped down as a direct result of listening to it. Quite a few others came to the same conclusion following my departure and it all really blew up when Andrew Partridge (Mr Anime Limited) challenged it on Twitter having also listened to it and found issue.