Let's talk about...random things!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by -Danielle-, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

lol thanks ill check them out, will give me something to do :D

2. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

What's Fanboy 3, Seb? :O

Omg this weekend needs to hurry. I wana game all Friday night, clean Saturday and game all Sunday. Rawrrrrrr.

3. Necro

Necro Grim User

Fanboy 3 is a tabletop shop. Has a ton of RPG campaigns and miniatures. pretty niche

4. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

phone is old and slow, google maps decided not to work so i never went up there, and i just went for a random walk to pass the extra hour before the train arrived (just up oxford road)

interviewer guy said he'd give me a place at the uni but think im gonna pass on manchester, too busy for me even though the uni buildings were really nice

5. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Catgirl Correspondant

It is a busy place, but you do get used to it.

6. -Danielle-

Some parts are crazy busy. I avoid market street when I can and take back streets to get to the good places lol.

Shame ya phone went shit, would of been good if you got to see more of the Cities good stuff.

Leeds is really pretty in parts, Seb took me to a nice spot to eat there in a great location. Ate on a balcony above water :)

I am so worried for UKA Stock now. I cannot stop drinking once I start. An after work drink last night after a shit day ended up being 3.5 pints. That was in 2.5 hours so not too bad but still. I was drunk. Badness :p

7. Necro

Necro Grim User

Finally got round to buying and collecting my contacts. First thing I do - stick one in the wrong eye

well done shaun

8. -Danielle-

Yeah if you're different strengths you gotta be so careful. I've had to bin a newish pair cause of that as I couldn't risk wearing wrong strength all month.

I'm a pro at eye touching. You'll get better and better.

Once my eye tried to swallow a lens. Went under my eyelid at the back, that was fun.

9. Necro

Necro Grim User

That happened when I went to a concert. Thought it fell out as I was leaving, took the other out. Got to the concert and it emerged in pieces from under my eyelid. fun times

I'm fine getting them in, but I have super dry eyes thanks to ssri's so getting them out is agony as they fuse to my eye. also means I can't wear them for prolonged periods

10. -Danielle-

Oh shit, in pieces isnt good. All i did was push it forward using my eyelid as a grip lol.

Dont ever try and put em back in if they fall out when you're out. I was pissed, only had one pair on hol with me, one fell on the bathroom floor in club and i was gonna put it back in my eye, thanksfully my friend spotted me and was like "noooooooooooooooooooooo" lol.

Ah thats shit, I imagine it feels for you mainly how it feels once ive hit like 10 hours plus mark with em in. Feels like my eyes try and reject them/push them out.

Theres drops you can get that are safe to put in with lenses on to lube up your eye.

I have rugby ball eyes so i always get checked to see if they still sit fine on my eye as they eyeball shaped lenses. think its more money and faff for my kinda eye, lenses. fuck that.

11. Necro

Necro Grim User

i have an astigmatism so my eye isn't circular. My lenses are £44 for a month, and they're my correct prescription, so it's comfortable. And yeah, once it's out of my eye it doesn't go back in.

I have some eye drops that are suitable but tbh they're a bit shit and don't do too much.

12. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Catgirl Correspondant

SSRIs = why i stick to glasses. Plus strong astigmatism in both eyes.

Also I am a tight bastard.

fuck. Contacts.

13. -Danielle-

Jesus why the feck yours so dear?

Mine are £14-16 a month, monthlies and they're the ones that aid oxygen getting toe the eye. Luckily these lenses do remain on my eye where they should. Hey check us rugby ball eye people out. Whoop!

Love my contacts. Got em in year 10 I think and they changed my life.

14. Necro

Necro Grim User

fancy high tech shit yo. They're dailies.

I dunno. I don't plan on using them every day, maybe a few times a week/for the gym
    so should last me a while.

15. -Danielle-

Get onto monthlies ya lazy boy, save you some dolla! Specially if dailies aint worn daily as it wont stop em taking it every month even if you have say 20 days worth still lol.

16. Necro

Necro Grim User

I don't have them on automatic order :p And nah cba looking after monthlies

17. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

ah, another reason to avoid SSRIs, I never knew they caused dryness... and my eyes are almost always dry as it is ;-;

18. -Danielle-

Ah thats good then! As yeah they should you last a while then :)

Shaun do you still have my number in ya phone still? Ends 8819. I'm not sure if I have yours no more.

Contact lenses and hay fever is the worst combo ever. I slog through it though. My hay fever isnt to the extent where tabs, nose spray and eye drops are needed yet.

19. Necro

Necro Grim User

I do, mine ends 8842

20. -Danielle-

Yep still got it. Whoop :)