Let's talk about...random things!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by -Danielle-, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

Sounds crap man

2. Muu_Puklip

Muu_Puklip Friendly Bear

Yeah, I am still alive.

And I popped in to have a look.

So many of you are still here. And the same for AUKN.

Mixed emotions over this.

The whole scene has move on a bit. Crunchyroll. Amazon.

You are still here. Where other forums failed and died.

I salute your endurance.

So what has changed in the last few years? Do you all still meet up now and again at cons/expos? Is that strange?

Are we all old should be reading salaryman mangas or is there something else going on?

3. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat The resident Yuri Fan

Hey Muu

Yeh still a few Neo people around on here and AUKN, few people like Broken Serenity, Duoinchains and Max haven't been around for a while but still keep in contact.

Neo meetups, not really.. Seems a few of us go to UK-A Stock and might meet up at conventions, would plan more but everyone is all over the place so transports a pain -_-

If by Salaryman Manga you mean a tonn of Yuri :) /jk

Hope you're doing well anyway

4. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Catgirl Correspondant

Feeling old.

5. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Hey Muu.

I'm still here from Neo days too. We don't meet but we have a little Neo group on FB to stay together :)

Longest bout of depression I've had in years. My mind went really dark last week when a couple I was "friends" with in a group chat of a lot of us are in, took my ending relationship into their own hands, boots me out of the group chat, verbally abused me in pm, deleted me, slagged me indirectly on their own FB's. You would think they were in a relationship with me that ended as at that time, me and the ex was amicable and wasnt publically slagging etc. They shared all my pm's with one of them with the whole chat and everything. Some joined in the bitching, some didnt. Those who didnt are now in another group chat i've created as I'd of broke down without them to talk to. I have no friends here so online is my last solace.

I have never met anyone who took business that isn't theirs, make it their own and then acted as they themself was living it. It's been a really hard 2 weeks and counting. With my head still sh*t I am constantly feeling a burden to those I've added in the second chat like they feel they have to be there. Some feel really sorry for me for what that couple did to me in our other one, making all my business i confided to 1 about, everyones knowledge. What wasn't shown was what i said about my ex, he agreed. Now they'll just think im a whinger conjuring crap up.

Tomorrow is going to uber suck and I can only pray work is busy enough to keep my mind busy as I'm then gorging on pizza when home and having an early night.

6. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

That sounds really depressing, especially if it was people you thought you could trust. I think I'd feel pretty disgusted towards people if they done it to me. I know the feeling of isolation a little too well lol

Hopefully you'll somehow figure things out over time :(

I visited a University today and sorta felt depressed seeing parents getting on well with their kids (prospective students), I feel moving out will be a hopefully good change to get away from all the screeching where I live.

7. -Danielle-

Well the fence sitters I added to a new chat still spend most of their time in the other one being sociable with those who attacked me so it's not great they'd still rather be in that one with them and my ex more so than me. C'est la vie.

My life still isn't any better yet. I still love my ex but he's changing. The person I love wont exist soon anf whilst that's good for me to get over, it's still sad like. He's basically so polar opposite when it comes to "hurting" "missing me and us every day" "winning me back" and then his actions are still not choosing me, learning from why we broke up, and getting short tempered.

I'm sorry your home life isn't what you'd want. My home life is all I have; my Mum and Brother. I stayed back at Mums for a good 5 days whilst I tried to get better.

What Uni's you looking at?

8. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

I'm sure my home life isn't drastically bad, at least compared to some stories I've heard. It's just been a while and its a bit of a negative environment which tires me out. I think I've been getting stress headaches lately too lol

I'll probably go to either Sheffield, Manchester or Liverpool, not sure which yet. I've been leaning towards Sheffield, but I'll visit on Saturday so I can see whether I like it or not.

9. -Danielle-

If you come visit Manchester Uni, give me and Shaun (Necro) a shout and we'll see if we free!

Ah it sounds like your home life is like when I'm with my family over Xmas; a sh*t storm lol.

I've been invited for drinks tonight now very last minute. I'm lethargic as f*ck and it took me 3 tries to successfully type out "been" before. I'm gonna be great company for her lol. She's all "you can tell me all about it" and I kinda dont want to as I dont wana remind myself how I got betrayed by friends and dumped by a bf who claims to regret it and is depressed as f*ck yet wont come and see me amongst some other tid bits that are even more depressing lol.

Good weekends planned guys?

10. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Catgirl Correspondant

SheffielS is cold AF. Manchester would be mymoick of the three tbh. Hope you get a good feel of the place!

Dani bring lots of bopze to UKAStock. It's time to get hammered.

It's been a shit week. House got burgled. Bikes gone. Massively panicked as bow I am on holiday. Left the cats at home with a CCTV camera. Hopefully they'll be fine.

11. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

I think I could probably tolerate it more if I lived away, since I feel I'm too old to be dragged into petty arguments. Sheffield is the highest rated Uni out of the ones I was applied for, honestly I'm surprised they gave me an offer, it should be much harder than my current course so I hope I can stay disciplined throughout and not have random periodic depressive/lost motivation phases. I think unusually my strengths are more in the essays than the practical work, but I spend forever since I end up rewriting stuff about 10 times.

I imagine the individual is more important than the University since Sheffield/Manchester/Liverpool are so closely related, I know Sheffield has an anime club so that may be swaying me a little (and Liverpool has an anime club, but the room would blind me). I'm still not sure whether I should ask to stay with undergraduates or mature students either, I feel if I end up with Masters/PHD students they're more likely to have their shit together and I'd be able to relate more with the undergraduates lol

Hopefully going for a drink will at least make things not feel so isolating for you, better than getting stuck in your own head too long if you're stressed. I don't like venting to people either, it feels like a lot of hassle.

Also the thought of burglary makes me paranoid too, despite it never happening. I genuinely worry about owning too many possessions, just to minimise any potential loss a burglary may cause. Student halls seem relatively safe, but student housing seems like a bigger target (especially since it seems common for people to forget to lock the front door). I'm really sorry that happened :(

12. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

Waking at 5am, hopefully 5 hour sleep doesn't cause me to fall asleep during the day.

13. Necro

Necro Grim User

Sounds like wev'e all had pretty tragic weeks. I spent Wednesday and Thursday completely fucked unable to stand up without passing out. Didn't eat for like 36 hours. Throat and tongue is still swollen.

14. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

sounds really rough :(

15. Necro

Necro Grim User

mostly self inflicted.

don't do drugs kids.

16. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

just alcohol or more?

17. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

That's definitely a "more" job.

I know that feeling well when you mix and match.

18. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

ah, the only time an "extra" kept me out for a few days after drinking was a vindaloo...

19. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat The resident Yuri Fan

Worst I've done is down half a bottle of vodka in like, 5 mins

Didn't get drunk as everything including all the food I'd had that day came up rather quickly...

Anyone care to wonder why I don't drink vodka ;)

20. Necro

Necro Grim User

Yeah I was fine with the alcohol, no hangover really. Everything else however...