Let's talk about...random things!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by -Danielle-, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Fuck. London.

Shadow Cat likes this.
  2. Martin

Martin guitaku
    Staff Member

Also: fuck living with other people. Seriously: I'm really sorry to hear that this sort of stuff has happened to you. Urgh.

As much as I like visiting London what with all the museums and other interesting places to visit, I wouldn't ever live there. Being up north means you stand a better chance of being able to (just about) afford your own space, avoiding sharing with slobs, criminals or general lunatics.

3. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Just catching up on stuff now. Sounds like you've been through hell, Demon. Hmmmm pun? Not intended lol. F*ck London. I hate travelling around there. I just like going for noms and doing stuff there. But safely in and out the same day outside of MCM haha.

I keep getting migraines due to oestrogen drops. Magic.

3 days left in work though as I finish at 12.30 on Friday for the rest of the year :)

How is everyone doing?

4. demon

demon Registered

At least the rest of the tenants aren't total arse biscuits and there aren't any cases of food theft from the overspill freezer or theft of post since there's a box near the front door where it all goes (and as of late, I've been the one that has been picking up the post when it's delivered) and if that twat decides to try caving my face in again, he's going to have a rather big target painted on him since once my father knows it's happened, he'll get on to one of his friends who will send a few people around to mess him up good.

I've also decided to start putting money aside once I have a spare bank account available so that once I start looking for a proper place to live in Liverpool, I will have enough money to move my stuff along with getting there and back for a mass property viewing and getting there when I move and possibly paying the deposit and rent advance up front so that I don't have to rely on the council for that (that all also depends on if I have a job or not as a job will keep me down in London although I'll start looking for something a lot more decent and larger).

5. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

I'm now on a working from home training course that is in essence a week of revision on network fundamentals and the OSI model.

I'm then off on holiday in England for five days before five days off over New Year. Saving a couple days holiday for the end of the holiday period worked out with bank holidays really well this year.

6. -Danielle-

How many of you live in that small flat Demon? :eek:

Sounds lovely Cell. I’m off to Herne Bay from the 28th and coming home January 2nd.

7. demon

demon Registered

It's actually a house that has been broken down into 6 flats with the only thing being shared being the kitchen.

8. -Danielle-

Ah I see! Well the building itself sounds hella cool. Imagine the whole place occupied by friends! :eek: :D

9. macloud

macloud 5qw34k!!

after a week of negotiations with my computer as to whether it would work or not [finally found it to be 2 systems clashing with each other and slowing everything down] im finally back online again
    CALLOOW CALLAY

Shadow Cat likes this.
  10. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

The thought of University makes me a little nervous... but I know staying in my current situation isn't ideal.

11. Necro

Necro Grim User

University is a great opportunity. Make the most of it - join that club. I wish I joined a club in first year.

12. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

How was your overall experience if you don't mind me asking?

13. Necro

Necro Grim User

Shit.

But I had severe depression and was an anti-social mess. Do something - anything - to get some friends you can go out/do stuff with regularly and it'll be awesome. What I tell everyone is that in first year, if someone asks "hey, wanna go x?" or "we're going out tonight, you coming?", say yes as often as possible.

University is aids without a social life.

14. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

Well, you're not the only one, that was one of two factors in my not seriously applying for University when I was 18. Probably the most major if I consider the fact it pretty much ruined high school entirely.

I think I'm a little better socially now (still not great) so that's a large reason why I think it may be better for me to live in halls, or away from home.

15. Necro

Necro Grim User

Halls all day. It may be aids, but its an easy solution to the "i can't make friends" mode we have, as you're forced to be social with your floor.

16. Ross

Ross Behind you...

Yeah I'd agree with Necro - I lived at home while going to Uni (I was dead against Uni and my parents twisted my arm, basically). I did make friends with other people from outside of halls, but honestly my social life was pretty poor at Uni and I hated going anyway as I saw it as a waste of my time.

So go to halls and force yourself to be social, it'll get easier. Trust me, everyone else is as nervous as you are ;)

17. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

Did either of you two join any clubs there? Back when I was in high school I used to just go straight home (if I came in at all) since I hated it so much, but I've got perfect attendance so far now anyways.

If everyone at Uni was as nervous as me, I think it'd be a national-level crisis lol

18. Ross

Ross Behind you...

I tried to join the fencing club but it didn't last more than 2 sessions due to lack of interest - I do pick 'em!

A group of us who travelled in got together and created a "coffee" club. We arranged our own visits to local museums and whatnot. At the time I kept myself busy in the library drawing a doujin for an anthology called Boiled Spoons, so if I wasn't hanging out with the coffee club, I was in the library drawing. Everyone in my class knew who I was, but I could never remember anyone's name, so I didn't create any lasting friendships.

At school, one of our teachers started a D&D club, which I continued when they left. That was pretty amazing.

One thing I did notice at Uni was that people in halls did generally stick together, so for that reason I recommend it. Try and share your hobbies too, you might even start a club between you :)

19. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

I wont lie,,, for someone who's visited Holland, I took that totally the wrong way, especially with the use of quotation marks

20. Ross

Ross Behind you...

lol, no just coffee - it was in quotes because we just got coffee from the machine and sat around talking, we didn't try out new coffees or anything sophisticated!

Shadow Cat likes this.