Let's talk about...random things!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by -Danielle-, Dec 1, 2014.

1. demon

demon Registered

Storage costs money and if I end up on the street, I'll have no money to be able to afford the upkeep of a storage unit and I'm pretty much Billy no mates with nobody that will help me out.

It's also why I asked for help housing myself and my stuff a month or so back which still stands and would now extend to most of the UK if I'm able to get a grant or something like that to pay for everything to be moved (and there could be some extra money to be made if a tenancy agreement is made for a share since that is worth a few quid a week).

2. demon

demon Registered

Things have changed slightly since my father is going to store all my belongings in his garage if things come to the worse and I can't find a place to live, but regardless of what happens and what changes, I'm still a complete and total mess mentally and emotionally since I can go from upbeat to downtrodden in a heartbeat, I'm having major issues getting enough sleep since I'll wake up whenever and getting back to sleep is impossible, I'm becoming forgetful with most things I normally do without fail being forgotten (the only thing that hasn't been forgotten is finding a job) and apart from having major problems getting out of bed this morning I feel like I close to an emotional breakdown or have had several depending on how you look at it.

I'm going to have to talk to the doctor about all this when I see him next week, and as for trying to find a place in Liverpool, that is most likely going to require help from someone who already lives there to represent me at any property viewings and that is going to be completely impossible since I don't know anyone who lives in Liverpool who would be willing to help.

3. Necro

Necro Grim User

:/ I'm afraid I don't know anyone that could help. Shits hard, I'm barely scraping by myself. I'd be in a very similar situation would it not be for some very fortunate actions on behalf of my parents.

Nobody explain adult life is depressing and awful.

4. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

I make a reasonable wage and live with a flatmate and even then, I don't have that much left at the end of the month. Rental prices where I live are absolutely crippling, it's laughably expensive to think how rubbish Inverness is for what you pay. I hope it all works out for you. Adult life sucks.

5. macloud

macloud 5qw34k!!

Welp, i HAD driving lessons - now ive been told the instructor wont be able to continue the leso s because of the distance between his hone and mine.
    So much for AA driving lessons

6. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Oh Demon that doesnt sound good. I'm so sorry. Hopefully family will provide a crutch.

I'd love a Neo combination. Neo was the start of my anime family and it blossomed even bigger with you guys :)

Plus as Matt said, the more the cheaper. Huzzah! Lol.

The jobs ok. It seems im in the worst team in the place though.

Ive had to basically teach myself how to do some things so far. They have no procedure, training guides, nada so the Manager is having to show me the work! Until yesterday they kept all their emails from this year in the inbox. Made me feel ill having to scroll through loadsa emails to double check I havent been assigned anything to work on. They dont even flag then mark as complete once done, an error as a lass ignored a request last week that got chased and i've now done. But yeah, completed gets archived now. Well is supposed to, Managers kept all hers still in there. Old set in their ways, change is bad team I'm in. Great...

Clashes with my work style and ethic well bad lol.

Keep reminding myself it's £3k more than my last job, i'm not overworked and i'm not bullied. 3 important things for my boredom and ocd twitches here bahahaha.

7. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

Sounds about right for most jobs involving a team work queue.

8. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Catgirl Correspondant

Hopefully a small company Dani. Sounds like it anyways. Small companies allow change :)

9. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat The resident Yuri Fan

Even though I managed to sleep from 9:30pm till 1am, I'm pretty sure watching a couple hours of Cardcaptor Sakura this morning wasn't such a good idea. Only got a few hours until I need to be up for work

Gunna be a long day today

Zzz

10. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

It's a huge company Seb lol. NCC Group.

I'm still the only one archiving my done emails. And, the standard expected of me, which is a basic common sense one, isn't even adhered to by the Manager or this other lass yet when it comes to my 121's and probation review i'd get killed doing what they do.

This lass let "IT secruity review" proposal get through and get to a client. SECRUITY. We're expected to proof read etc to proposals ffs.

The rest of the company is good though. So i'll see how I cope. Wanting to already look for another job isn't brilliant lol. I am good at working. I feel wasted here.

My weekends have also been going far too quick since I started this new job.

And i'm always hungry. My body is used to 8-4 shift eating clearly. Waaaah :(

11. demon

demon Registered

Things have gotten a bit better since I had a viewing for a place a few miles away from where I am and both flats (if you could call them that) were rather small and the smaller one wasn't something I could deal with, but the second one was a bit bigger and I've decided to take it since I can compact my collection down to a few storage binders (if they can be called that) with a majority of my furniture being put into storage until I can get something bigger (the landlord has some larger places and would tell me when one is available) or I can get a place in Liverpool and move myself there.

I'm going to have to sign a tenancy agreement to take possession of the place within the next few days, so moving is going to be a real pain since I have to get all the storage solutions I need purchased before I can actually move plus there's moving my internet connection over which is going to an even bigger pain since I'm probably going to have to have my package reduced since I can only get around 40Mb/s down max (although I could just cancel the direct debit instruction and move over to virgin media).

12. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Catgirl Correspondant

Very happy to hear you managed to find alternative arrangements. Was a bit worried there for you mate!

13. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

i can't stop obsessing over doki doki literature club

help

14. demon

demon Registered

Today has been eventful as I decided to drop off some stuff at my new place only to find that the landlord got the wrong key cut for the door and I'll have to get one of the actual key cut so that I have one and the landlord has one.

When I got back to my current place, I'd found that youtube had taken a massive dump on my roku box as the app loads and then kicks me back to the home screen each time I try to load it, so if it isn't fixed soon I'll be swapping that little box for a big computer that isn't going to have any problems streaming high quality video without having issues keeping up regardless of the amount of bandwidth that is available.

15. Puru

Puru AKA Gabyblue

Feel strange at the moment at work, new employee is latino so he speaks Spanish like me but boss has forbidden us speak Spanish at office.... :/