Let's talk about...random things!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by -Danielle-, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Necro

Necro Grim User

My reaction would be based entirely on if they're good friends of yours, not your friend.

If they are and you trust them sure, maybe bend a little bit more. Otherwise i'd tell them to shove it.

2. Unknownfate

Unknownfate Level 32 Archmage

Short answer: If they can't? buy their own tickets then they miss out. No reason you should be expected to fork out for them

3. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat The resident Yuri Fan

-_- They just turned around and said they were going away on holiday in a few months time.... OK then

4. Shadow Cat

5. rjessop

rjessop Registered

My buddy and I have arrived at the start of our cycling holiday. We're setting off tomorrow, should get back here in two days, then out again for another two days and back here to head home afterwards.

I'm currently 'carbo-loading' with a lemonade in the pub :p

6. Shadow Cat

Well, someone tried throwing pizza at me when I was going into Tesco (Yes, Tried, they missed me even though I was about 4ft away from them)

I wasn't sure what was worse, wasting Pizza or missing me

But then I've read online that they have pulled quite a bit of the flowerbeds up down the highstreet... So I guess wasting money and pulling up flowers makes you 'ard now?

Kids will be Kids but its still really annoying

7. rjessop

rjessop Registered

As promised, I have returned to the middle-of-nowhere town of Kirkby Stephen after two days of cycling. I've tried and failed to ride up two famous climbs Honister Pass and The Struggle (yes, it was). The weather has been sunny, but the unusual easterly wind has made progress very difficult.

Two days to go.

#2307 rjessop, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
  8. Shadow Cat

Best o' luck with the last 2 days!

9. rjessop

rjessop Registered

Thanks! One day left. We've done the longest ride now and only the shortest remains. They're all pretty evenly split with climbing though (between 1300 and 1500 metres per day). Setting off early tomorrow to give ourselves the best chance of arriving before the minibus departs to take us back to our start point. Feeling pretty fatigued now and not sure my legs will last tomorrow.

10. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Hows everyone doing?

Anyone dying from hay fever that it makes you question if you actually have a cold?

I've forced myself back into exercising and eating well again. A week in so far and doing well. Want to look good for MCM and also so I go back to normal weight once I've gorged on all inclusive food on my holiday lol.

11. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

I'm signed off from work with a norovirus. Back next Monday, so mostly just playing DAI and being bored. Still haven't finished Joshiraku.

12. Shadow Cat

Well, I was going to sell my old Laptop Bluray player as my current one doesn't have a slot for it, so I chucked it on Ebay.

70 Bluray player put on Ebay for 40 what I thought was a fair price considering its hardly used. Got an offer for 15 what I thought was taking the **** so I counter offered for 32, then he offered 20... -_-

So I've ended up buying a 6 cable and rather than selling it to people like that, now have a External Bluray Drive :D

13. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Catgirl Correspondant

Going to give swimming a try at the local pool tonight as I am a bit sick to death of being 100kg. I can cycle tons, do 40 miles at least once / twice a month, cycle to work, but weight is being stubborn due to the antidepressants.

Lets see how it goes.

14. Necro

Necro Grim User

start deadlifting fam

This is why I hate selling things. When i sold my iPhone I kept having idiots low balling me, and the guy who eventually bought it still attempted to get a tenner off of it when he came to pick it up (at an agreed price). Cheapskates

15. rjessop

rjessop Registered

Weight management is 80% diet and 20% exercise :)

If weight gain is a side effect of the medicine, that'll make it tough I bet.

16. rjessop

rjessop Registered

Yesterday I went to see a Rakugo show by a Canadian performer called Katsura Sunshine who is in Brighton for the fringe festival. It's a small preview type show ahead of his upcoming seasons in the West End and Off-Broadway later in the year, but it had the trappings of the Rakugo I'm familiar with from the recent anime on the subject.

Sunshine is a brilliant comic performer and gives little snippets and observations from his many years in Japan and from his intense three year apprenticeship with his master Katsura Bunshi VI.

We got talking after the show and went out for dinner too. Touring some of Brighton's nicer venues we discussed how he got into Rakugo, the current state of the industry (booming, apparently), the differences between his Osaka school and the Tokyo system they show in Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (Osaka doesn't have Shinunchi, for example), what it's like being the first foreign performer in many decades, how he came to London and much more besides.

I've suggested to Hanners that he should interview him for the site; I think it'd make for a great article :)

Here are some links and videos of the man in action:

[YOUTUBE]hbt0jAYDVOw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-qRnfBEHtbA[/YOUTUBE]

http://rakugo.co.uk/

17. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Catgirl Correspondant

Its quite a common side effect. Keeping stable at least, but just hard to shift.

18. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

Trying no to get absolutely blootered too often as well helps.

Also, going over port blocking and RDP access on Friday afternoons is not a lot of fun.

19. Necro

Necro Grim User

I hate my everything, being poor sucks.

20. Robert Frazer

Robert Frazer Registered

Bad luck. I caught norovirus for the first time this winter - seeing as I've been working in tourism and dealing with customers snorting all manner of virulent lurge incubated in aeroplanes' recirculated air for the last six years I thought I had a decent innings before being knocked out, really. Still deeply unpleasant, hope you got over it quickly.