Let's talk about...random things!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by -Danielle-, Dec 1, 2014.

1. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

I've noticed there's no general thread to talk about twaddle and random stuffs so I thought I'd create a thread as it might also reduce threads being raised over like a question or something when it can just be asked in here :)

So, I've clearly been MIA for a while! My new job. That's all I can say. Great team, rubbish hierarchy. I'm apparently in the one bad team the company currently has joy lol. So I'm getting no time to internets during work like I used to at my old place (cept today...sneaky hehe).

So, how has everyone been? What have you been upto?

I finally got an iphone 2 weeks ago so I'm now obsessed with Instagram lol.

My instagram is _daniellelouisee if anyone has it and fancies following me as I'd love to follow some of you guys too :)

2. Necro

Necro Grim User

yo
    I've had a very rough month or so, started taking some meds, done very little work, got a 3DS to further the lack of work. But things are on the up ;) I'm also out of money for the third time this semester :p

Looking forward to going back home for Christmas, though that wont be until the 20th :(

3. -Danielle-

Are the meds helping? I always pondered some meds but I don't ever want to think my happy moments are because of them so I'm trying to stay away.

I'm glad to hear things are on the up though. They do say when you hit bottom the only way is up :)

Being out of money is poo. I'm not out of money but having to act like I am for the next two weeks as I have a lot going on from December 12th until the 20th lol.

Where's back home for you if you mind my asking? It's great you are going back home, some people aren't too fussed about being with family for xmas. I'm one who is though :)

4. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat The resident Yuri Fan

Would stalk you, but I'm not acturly sure what instagram is.. sounds like in transmits a gram of coke to your phone instantly what I guess would be pretty cool if you like coke :D

Anyway, onto a serious topic, because you can't have a General chat without a serious topic :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes... that was my serious topic for the day

5. Necro

Necro Grim User

cute is always relevant.

Yeah they are, greatly. They got me an extension on my coursework to boot.
    Most of my immediate family are on them now so I don't have any qualms about going on them. Few side effects but eh, manageable.

Being a student, I'm always out of money ;) January will be good because thats my next student money payment :p

Altrincham in Manchester is home, and I'm in Hull for uni. Family is nice, guaranteed company, but I'm hoping I'll have things to do with friends as I don't in Hull.

6. Martin

Martin guitaku

"Great team, rubbish hierarchy" *laughs* that sounds like the place where I used to work! It's good to know you're all doing okay, or as well as can be expected under the circumstances. 2015's going to be a real upheaval for me I think - a lot of things are going to have to change, and I hope that this time I'll have some say in what happens. Most of 2014 was spent in limbo waiting for other people to do what they felt like doing.

7. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

Well, my "real" workplace (i.e. not here) is on fire right now proverbially speaking, with people leaving in droves and morale sinking into the Earth's molten core by the day. But hey, it's nearly Christmas, and a major system upgrade tonight went off without a hitch, so it's not all bad!

8. Manning

Manning The Lunatic Fringe

Certainly random, don't let this detract from the current conversation you guys are having, because this post is diverging some where completely different.

I wanna sound a grown up as I can when I say this, but I wanna talk about wrestling, now I know at least one person here has got back into watching it recently, and I just wanna test the waters to see if there's enough to start it's own topic.

Long story short I just wanna talk about it, without wading through the insane amount of (for lack of a better term) dicks on the internet when it pertains to the IWC (internet wrestling community).

So you know, adult discussions about whats currently going on in the shows, story lines, the talent, what they should do etc. Hell we can even talk about the good old days.

I watch WWE, its main shows are twice a week with various off shoots (NXT, Main Event, Superstars) and then theirs the monthly pay-per-views, so their shouldn't be a lack of things to discuss, I just don't wanna start something to have it be a one man show.

Any interest?

9. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

Yeah, make a wrestling thread, man! :D I don't have anyone to talk about WWE with either (although I only watch Raw when I get time to, and the pay-per-views).

10. Shadow Cat

Wish I could help Manning, but I haven't watched any wrestling since the days of Sailor Moon being on TV...

Pretty funny as someone mentioned WWE wrestling to me a few weeks back and all I could do was stare at him blankly trying to think what he was talking about.. turns out they couldn't use WWF anymore so they changed it to WWE...

Sorry, checking Wiki it says they just changed the name and had nothing to do with the World Wide Fund for Nature...

--------------

My work it pretty good at the moment, we have lost 2 members of staff from our building today, both moved up the chain and are now management, in return we have a new Yard manager who seems pretty good, bit too early to comment at the moment, but yeh, all good

Just been off work for a 5 day weekend, being back to works a little bit o' a killer but ohwell

#10 Shadow Cat, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  11. Necro

Necro Grim User

I have an interest in wrestling but I don't actually watch it. The business interests me but I don't care to watch it's storylines or anything. I've started watching the OSW Review "vodcasts" which are brilliant, and Botchamania is always great ;)

12. happosai

happosai =(^;^)=

Work-wise, I'm very busy at the moment, working weird hours on various events in Manchester (and elsewhere). In the last week or so, I've worked on events for Linkin Park, Bryan Adams, Paloma Faith, Enrique Iglesias, Erasure, Michael Buble and Chris Rea. I'm working at the Manchester United home game later today. I'm also doing some work via my own event promotions business, have just started organising next year's Doki Doki Festival, and am preparing some visuals for an anime cosplay party in a couple of weeks.

[Happosai]

13. Kite

Kite Registered

Silly couple weeks at work currently, I'm not the only one counting down the days to the 12th when the kitchen closes for Christmas.

14. -Danielle-

Yeah it's bad it's like I'm on the one bad team in the company atm which happens to be like the teams I used to be on at my old place and left! Haha.

Like apparently I talk too much and when am negative it has a knock on effect bringing the whole team down. Everyone I've told so far has scoffed at that as like me, knows thats not true. I've now been told I need to try and keep morale up but to stop with the talking. Can't see how I'm meant to morale boost if I can't talk?!
    Also been told I leave my desk too much and that I have to start using a larger bottle to fill with water so I'm not going to the kitchen area for refills! My kidneys are a pain so I have to pee maybe once an hour if I have been drinking? Well manager knows about my kidneys yet still raised my leaving the desk as an issue in my 121!

My friend who worked where I used to (a lot of old BNY-ers have came here) has came upto me before asking if I'm still interested in her team. They may be expanding and she shoved my name to her manager! I hope they do as I'd love to leave. HR said I have to be here for 6 months (will be 3 on December 22nd) but she said I might still get to move before then. I'm probably holding my breath here but I hope I can move. Since my performance review is the same day my probation ends, I reckon she's either going to give me the sack or extend my probation. I'll be well annoyed if she does and appeal it!

Seems like everyones busy and bogged down one way or another with work eh!

I hope 2015 is a good one for you Martin, and everyone else :)

15. Hanabi

Hanabi Registered

Hi, I'm new in this forum and I would Ask you about speaking on a skype with me? I'm learning english and it isn't good my side and I would speak with one of you :) I live in Poland and I like anime and manga.

16. Shadow Cat

Help

Ok, So I'm after a passport but have a serious issue:

That for me is literally impossible. I've been at work 6 months, so I cant ask my boss, my aunt works at my bank, I don't go to church, I don't have a dedicated GP as my main one has retired.

So I literally have no one to sign the passport documents.

17. Manning

Manning The Lunatic Fringe

The worst thing that could ever happen to me, happened today..
    Witcher 3 delayed again :cry:

18. Shadow Cat

I'm sick of people saying "There is no "I" in "team" now

Every time someone says that... I'm going to reply with:

"Ok, Fine, I will go make a cuppa coffee while you work as a team. I know when I is not welcome"

19. happosai

happosai =(^;^)=

There is a 'me' if you look hard enough...! ;)

[Happosai]

20. megalomaniac

megalomaniac Anime Editor

You might be surprised who can sign, for example I can and have signed them. A 'professional' is a pretty wide remit, doctors, teachers, accountants, nurses, lawyers, lecturers, etc. Even within that civil servant is a huge range of people, basically anyone at all who works or has worked (yes retired folks are ok too) for the government in some capacity (so from spooks to social workers).