Last manga you read or bought?

Discussion in 'Mangaphiles' started by Mika., Nov 25, 2009.

1. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

I enjoyed the comedy aspects of Fruits Basket more than when it got serious later on in the manga. I really enjoyed reading Takaya Natsuki's authors notes about what video games she bought too lol, she looved Sakura Wars. It's very strange to think I looked forward to her notes as much as I did the manga itself.

Since then I've been getting through Cromartie, finished High School of the Dead and started Getter Robo and Air. Didn't think High School of the Dead was too good, and don't expect me to enjoy Air too much, though it's relatively short and a light read.

Cromartie is consistent and random enough to stay interesting, and I'm hoping I enjoy Getter Robo a lot since it's time I started mecha series other than Code Geass and Gurren Lagann.

Side Note: I searched Happiness, and I was expecting a slice of life lol, guess I was totally wrong.

2. Ross

Ross Behind you...
    Staff Member

Heh, well I suppose Happiness is a slice of a rather horrible life :)

If you enjoyed Fruits Basket, take a look at Generation Witch, it's a fantastic anthology which some genuinely touching moments. Review here:
    http://www.uk-anime.net/manga/Generation_Witch_Vol._1.html

I picked up vol.2 from Amazon as soon as I'd finished volume 1.

3. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

Thanks, I'll consider starting it after I clear a few of the things I'm currently reading. I really liked reading Soul Eater NOT! which surprised me, and it does seem similar thematically to Generation Witch.

If you've seen or read the original Soul Eater, Soul Eater NOT is more of a slice-of-life comedy rather than a battle shounen, involving 'typical' students for the most part rather than extremely talented ones.

4. Ross

Ross Behind you...
    Staff Member

Thanks, I've seen it on the shelves but not bitten on NOT yet - I do love the style of Soul Eater (I have an amazing artbook for it), very Burton-esque. Sounds a bit like Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU insomuch it's more about daily life than fighting. I shall have another look when I'm in Travelling Man ;)

5. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

I bought the first 3 volumes of Fullmetal Alchemist 4 years ago, put it under my bed after a few chapters and never came back to it. I've seen the anime already but its a nice read before bed every night.

6. Chrispynutt

Chrispynutt New Member

Thanks to Ross, That time I got reincarnated as a slime Vol 3. 4 and 5 are ordered :D

7. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat The resident Yuri Fan

Finished Azumanga

8. Shadow Cat

Decided to start reading Jackass (Yaoi Manga)

9. Shadow Cat

Finished Jackass

And noticed Scarlet Beriko has also written a short (one chapter) Yuri manga called Mine, so read that

Yaoi and Yuri night for me <3

10. Shadow Cat

Re-Read Volume 7 of Non-Non Biyori

Going to start Volume 8 tonight