Email Alerts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by dapprman, Sep 12, 2017.

1. dapprman

dapprman Registered

Not sure if others have the same problem but I've found I'm not getting email alerts (for conversations anyhow). I've reset my email address but have still failed to get alerts.

2. megalomaniac

megalomaniac Anime Editor

I'm getting them fine. Though they are coming from Ross's email address, I'm not sure if that's intentional.

For a guess are you on GMail? There have been a few...issues... with GMail.

3. Ross

Ross Behind you...
    Staff Member

Yeah, Google is being a massive pain in the ass - not just us, the entire industry is pissed off with them at the moment. We're doing what we can to get the banhammer lifted.

4. dapprman

dapprman Registered

ahh - you're seen as a spam merchant? - that happened to me when I rebooted my router - BT served me a new address, one registered for blocking .... and yes gmail. Had no problems on the old BB or have you changed hosts as well ?

5. Ross

Ross Behind you...
    Staff Member

It's down to Anime On Line getting compromised (they use an old X-Cart version) and subsequently getting the whole IP range blocked. It's near impossible to lift, but curiously I can send email from UKA to my own Googlemail account and it gets through with zero issues, however Seb doing the same thing gets bounced. I'm struggling to find the common issue in the mail system as we both share the same IP and yet Google somehow treats us very differently.

I am working on it! :p

6. dapprman

dapprman Registered

Funny enough I did get the alert for your reply (in my spam bin ...)