Elfen Lied MY FELLOW ANIMAL LOVERS: NEVER EVER EVER EVEN LOOK UP CLIPS FROM THIS ANIME! TRUST ME!

Discussion in 'Anime' started by livvie brundle, Jul 9, 2018.

1. livvie brundle

livvie brundle New Member

If you want to see bullies do the cruellest thing imaginable to this girl and her beautiful friend here; by all means, go right ahead. but; I must say; even once seeing a little bit of the scene in question was enough to scar me and has been nightmare fuel. I'm serious. I'm an animal lover to the very core of my being, and- to quote Dr Phil; I find the fact that such an anime exists with such a scene in it "offensive to my sensibilities". Consider yourselves warned. Watch at your own risk.

bf7b9d17935fa3271d4ffb8dc0eb47944fe72fda_hq.jpg

2. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

Elfen Lied really wasn't that great from memory, a lot of angst and not much else of note.

livvie brundle likes this.
  3. J.Akorah

J.Akorah New Member

This was actually one of the first anime I ever watched, way back when I was a young edgelord
    I don't really remember much of it either, aside from the absurdly gory deaths.

You'll have to explain why that animal scene is so much worse than everything else in the anime-- I've heard this opinion so many times but I always felt that it was relatively tame when compared to other scenes in the show. I mean, I always thought that the scene where the girl got completely dismembered was pretty nasty. I've never been an animal lover so maybe I'm just too cold hearted to understand haha

Also, welcome to the forum!!

4. Tweek

Tweek Registered

Elfen Lied was one of the first anime series I watched and was like no 'cartoon' I'd seen before so I've got a soft spot for it even though I know it is somewhat flawed. That scene is shocking; as much for the fact that the children were being so cruel to Lucy as to the horrible thing they did to the dog... I had no sympathy for them when she killed them.

5. Necro

Necro Grim User

Same as Tweek really. It definitely doesn't stand up with multiple viewings but as one of the first series I watched I remain fond of it. The ED is killer too.

Several really cool scenes in it though. The opening of the first episode is probably my favourite bit. That and Nana in the graveyard.

This too. A big pet hate of mine is when people take any form of animal abuse to be infinitely worse than atrocities against humans, real or otherwise. Really annoys me.

6. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

I genuinely feel more enraged reading about animal cruelty than human cruelty, especially the fact you can seriously harm them and only get a slap on the wrist (not even lifelong) ban from owning animals in the UK. That said I don't remember this scene well, but it's been about 5 years.

I read all the manga too and one scene at the end I burst out laughing at.

7. livvie brundle

livvie brundle New Member

"This too. A big pet hate of mine is when people take any form of animal abuse to be infinitely worse than atrocities against humans, real or otherwise. Really annoys me"
    and that pisses me off, people who disregard animals like that. How dare you? reply if you want cuz I won't read it if you're going to defend that statement. Humans beings are fundamentally evil and those animals you dismiss are made the victims of it. So don't ever come at me with such bullshit again :mad: oh, and in case you can't tell; you've offended me greatly.

8. Necro

Necro Grim User

I never disregarded or implied it was OK to do anything to animals. but people who act like kicking a dog is worse than kicking a baby have seriously wrong priorities. Human life is very valuable at the very least deserves the same respect as animal life, not less.

9. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

tbf I think it's when people go out their way to adopt animals then act like jerks, babies basically same level of innocence as animals

not just direct physical trauma, but malnourishment, emotional disregard (dogs left in house all day) and if you do that to a dog you probably wont even be banned for life

#9 Ch1cken, Jul 17, 2018 at 9:05 PM
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018 at 9:27 PM