Amecon 2018

Discussion in 'Events' started by Carlito, Sep 1, 2017.

1. DiGiKerot

DiGiKerot Registered

They have a few single-occupancy rooms left in the more expensive training blocks, but... £360 for the weekend is a bit :/

2. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

I'll see, I don't think I could push to paying for a room this month anyway with new computer parts and my train to Matlock Bath booked.

3. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

See, £150 for a spa hotel not too far away, seems reasonable to me. Especially when its free parking at Warwick and when I ain't bothered about drinking (too much, i will have a few)

4. Another_Becca

Another_Becca Registered

I'm one of the lucky ones that got a room from the first batch, but I still didn't get confirmation until the next day. I think the only reason I was lucky was because we decided on a hotel style double, rather than the cheaper student accommodation. We really wanted to avoid the student accommodation because last Ame there were a noisy crowd in the shared kitchen every night. My partner and some friends stayed offsite in the Premier Inn once and found it pretty decent, which is fortunate. I don't think I could stay onsite again if the prices keep going up and the availability down.

5. Weirdo

Staff Member

See, that's what puts me off the student style accommodation. I hate sharing space with noisy / messy people. The "all night parties" which tend to occur at Warwick are legendary...

6. rjessop

rjessop Registered

Haha, yeah. My Ayacon Apocalypse was hell.

7. Another_Becca

Another_Becca Registered

I found the noise OK at the Ayacons, but the last Amecon at Warwick was just so loud. I imagine the last Kita was at least similarly raucous, but I missed that one.

8. Weirdo

Staff Member

So, earplugs then. Bum.

9. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

I've stayed on site several times at Kitacon and Amecon and never found it that bad. Certainly nowhere near as bad as the old halls university parties.